Free Classes

Get inspired, play with products & learn new skills

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Post in Acne-Prone Skin
|

Natural Cruelty Free Products for Dry and Acne Prone Skin?

I grew up with oily skin, but after I started birth control, my skin did a complete 180 and became so dry that, even after dermaplaning and a deep facial, it would be scaly again in two days. I've stopped BC since then and my skin is evening back out thankfully, but it's still on the dry side and yet also mildly acne prone. I will get a few small whiteheads here and there (particularly on my cheeks these days) and then tons of blackheads, which have ALWAYS been a huge struggle of mine. 

Right now, I use:

Josie Maran Argan Cleansing Oil (night)

Youth to the People Green Tea Spinach Cleanser (morning)

Youth to the People Kale + Spinach Green Tea Hyaluronic Acid moisturizer + 3 drops Josie Maran Argan Oil (morning and night)

Drunk Elephant TLC Sukari Babyfacial with AHA/BHA  (once weekly) 

I just bought the Drunk Elephant Babyfacial after using it a few times a couple months ago as a sample and really loving it. Both Youth to the People products are also new so I can't 100% comment on how they are helping. Before that, I was just using Josie Marian products. I did notice a decrease in large acne spots and dryness plus my skintone was a lot better, but I still have terrible blackheads and some white spots. 

Just wondering if anyone has a holy grail product that I should try. I only use cruelty free brands (no, Boscia is not), and I prefer more natural products but I'm open to less natural stuff as well, if it's worth it. 

RE: Natural Cruelty Free Products for Dry and Acne Prone Skin?

I would try Mario badescu's drying lotion for the white heads because it will zap those suckers overnight or at least easy to cover with makeup. For the blackhead situation I would try a mud mask like glam glow or the Aztec secret healing clay one. I'm not sure if these brands are cruelty free but you can check their websites to be sure.
1 Reply
Conversation Stats
  • 1 reply
  • 1 Hearts Given
  • 2 Contributors
testing