Get inspired, play with products & learn new skills

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Post in Acne-Prone Skin
|

Moisturizers??

Hi guys any moisturizer recommendations for acne prone oily skin? I've been having breakouts on my cheeks lately and I usually don't use a moisturizer because I'm afraid it'll make it worse...Please help!

RE: Moisturizers??

I’ve got combination skin, dry in winter months, oily in warmer/ summer temperatures. I’ve been enjoying a gel cream as my day moisturizer.. I use Tarte Cosmetics - Drink of H20 hydrating boost. Then as a night cream, I’ve been loving Fresh Beauty - Lotus Youth Preserve Night cream. My skin is GLOWING recently.

RE: Moisturizers??

I love the Kiel’s ultra facial. Team it so hydrating with out feeling oily.

Re: Moisturizers??

@selbug I'm also oily and acne-prone. I use OLEHENRIKSEN C-Rush™ Vitamin C Gel Moisturizer 1.7 oz/ 50 mL It doesn't make me oily and it has vitamin c for brightening. 

GLAMGLOW - Good in Bed™ Passionfruit Softening Night Cream

Highlighted Ingredients:
- Hyaluronic Acid: Acts as a moisture magnet to hydrate, plump, and nourish; acids gently exfoliate, soften, and renew.
- Cationic Technology: Positively charged formula is attracted to the negative surface of skin.
- Passionfruit: Nourishes.
- AHA/BHA/PHA Acids: Gently exfoliate, soften, and renew skin.

@selbug Oily skin typically benefits from water-based moisturizers that are lighter in consistency. I'd recommend checking out BELIF - The True Cream Aqua Bomb, CAUDALIE - Vinosource Moisturizing Sorbet, OLEHENRIKSEN - Sheer Transformation® Perfecting Moisturizer, or CosRX Oil-Free Moisturizing Lotion (available at ulta). Not keeping your skin properly moisturized can actually make the problem with oil worse. It's hard to know what may be triggering to your acne, so it just takes some trial and error to determine what ingredients may not be best for your own skin. 

I actually bought this moisturizer from belief before I saw the replies! #1840305 Would anyone know how this product is?😭

BELIF - Problem Solution Moisturizer

this was it!

I have a similar skin type as you do from your description. I fin the Drunk Elephant Moisturizing serum work quite well. It's really light weight and isn't too moisturizing. My skin just soaks it up and I'm not left with a greasy mess. Also just because your skin is oily don't be afraid to moisturize, just educate yourself on the products. Sometimes your skin will produce excessive oil if you don't moisturize to over compensate. Drunk Elephant B-Hydra™ Intensive Hydration Serum with Hyaluronic Acid 1.69 oz/ 50 mL

Thank you!! I will check them out!

I have acne-prone skin as well, and sort of oily, and I have been looking into those moisturizers as well. Everyone loves them, but they are pretty expensive. Any ideas for dupes or similar products, or should I just buy one of them? Which one should I buy?

@Shelllie  I haven't tried the Tatcha water cream but I use the Drunk Elephant Protini™ Polypeptide Firming Refillable Moisturizer 1.69 oz/ 50 mL daily and I love it. I have tried a lot of moisturizers and it is definitely worth it.

@Shelllie I’ll tag someone I know who has actually used them, this isn’t my skin type - they might be able to help more @faeriegirl 

Conversation Stats
  • 13 replies
  • 10 Hearts Given
  • 10 Contributors
testing