cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Post in Acne-Prone Skin
|

Moisturizer to use when using Differin cream

Hi,

I'm having trouble finding a good moisturizer combo for my skin. My skin is oily. However, I've been using Differin cream (Canada, from dermatologist) every other night for years and I find that it causes some dryness. I'm looking for a moisturizer to make my skin feel soft but that will not cause a sheen of oiliness on my face the next day. I would also prefer a moisturizer without fragrance or very minimal fragrance (e.g. dermalogica scent is fine but I could not stand the origins citrus scented one).

Moisturizers I've tried: lately I've been using the Cetaphil moisturizer for oily skin with SPF in the morning and at night. I find it's not moisturizing at night and my skin still gets oily the next day. In the past I used the Cerave AM/PM combo but didn't think it was great. 

Does anyone have any recommendations? I'd prefer drugstore recommendations, but am ok with Sephora options (under $70).

Thanks!

Re: Moisturizer to use when using Differin cream

Drunk elephant poly peptide moisturizer is worth the splurge. I break out very easily and this never caused me an issue and it’s very moisturizing

Thanks for the recommendation. Unfortunately I tried that moisturizer before (received a mini size for my birthday gift) and it was too oily for me

Hi there - @dh03 I know it can be frustrating trying to find the right balance of formulas, especially with oily skin types.  You want to make sure you get the hydration without the "greasy" finish.  Here are a couple you may like:

Only use moisturizers with SPF in the daytime, if you use it at night the added SPF will give you the "greasy" look or feel, as your skin forges more oil throughout the night. 

hope some of these tips help, let me know what you discover!

Thanks for the tips. I had a feeling using SPF at night was a bad idea!

4 Replies
Conversation Stats
  • 4 replies
  • 7 Hearts Given
  • 3 Contributors
testing