Get inspired, play with products & learn new skills

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Post in Acne-Prone Skin
|

Moisturizer that isn't drying

I always try to use moisturizers that are advertised with "Acne prevention" but they always seem to dry my skin out. I also try to use spot treatments but those tend to make me break out for some reason. Can someone tell me some moisturizers for sensitive acne-prone skin? Or give me any ideas on how to fix this? Its not like I have dry skin I have very oily skin, I just don't think my moisturizer does anything. Thank you!

Re: Moisturizer that isn't drying

Re: Moisturizer that isn't drying

Hi @Megglepuddin!

I have sensitive oily skin that easily gets dehydrated.  You can actually have oily skin that is dry/dehydrated, I know what a curse.I completely understand what you go through when you say that acne treating products make your skin dry.  I have found Peter Thomas Roth's Water Drench to be the most moisturizing/hydrating without being greasy/oily.  When I do have any acne breakouts, I treat it using 100% tea tree oil (I purchased it from Trader Joe's).  I spot treat using my finger and dab it in the affected area. I do this morning and night for 2-3 days and it goes away.  As a matter of fact, 2 days ago I started noticing a red bump on my nose, you know the type that is deep and is starting to bulge up to the surface.  I immediately dabbed tea tree oil on it right after cleansing and did my regular skin care routine and the next day it was gone.  I hope this is helpful!

Conversation Stats
  • 2 replies
  • 0 Hearts Given
  • 3 Contributors
testing