Free Classes

Get inspired, play with products & learn new skills

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Post in Acne-Prone Skin
|

Moisturizer for super-sensitive skin? and acne prone skin?

I have recently just this year developed randomly sensitive skin:( which literally itches and gets red from every moisturizer I’ve tried now.... from high-end to drugstore ones as well. Any suggestions?

RE: Moisturizer for super-sensitive skin? and acne prone skin?

I have combination sensitive skin. I used to have lots of acne in high school. Tried many products, lots turned out too harsh Key things you need in your products- benzoyl peroxide and salicylic acid. Benzoyl peroxide eliminates the bacteria that your acne thrives on. Salicylic acid cleans the pores. Non comedogenic is a must (it means it won’t clog the pores). Oil free is preferable but depends on your skin type- I’ve seen people where oil breaks them out regardless but some it works fine. I used REN replenishing cream as my moisturizer. Just ran out but it’s been sold out for weeks! Lasted me a VERY long time, a little goes a long way. Hope you try something. Let me know of your progress. I love to help those that share the same problems! 🙂

Re: Moisturizer for super-sensitive skin? and acne prone skin?

@Beauty97  Have you tried a water-based gel moisturizer? One product that performed veritable miracles for my sensitive skin and allowed it to permanently heal was Urban Decay Hot Springs Hydrating Gel:2A0CEA38-C3DD-44D5-81B8-0E192CFEE320.jpeg

Sephora no longer sells it, but Urban Decay and Ulta do. It says it’s for makeup prep, but I actually used it in place of night cream, and right after my shower in the mornings. (I couldn’t even use toner at that point. Everything was making my skin freak out.) 

It’s an amazing product, in my opinion, and the reviews really speak to that. 

RE: Re: Moisturizer for super-sensitive skin? and acne prone skin?

And this gives a dewy finish? I’ve tried water-based moisturizers but I also feel they don’t hydrate much?

that actually looks like it could be good! I might try that out

Re: Moisturizer for super-sensitive skin? and acne prone skin?

@Beauty97 For night time I would consider trying something like the Original Healing Creme from Eucerin, or look at options developed to deal with nappy / diaper rash. 

I've had good luck with Tatcha's Indigo Cream also. 

Neither cream is great for applying make-up over the top of though... so probably best used at night time. 

You might also consider just skipping moisturiser for a while and using a face oil instead to give your skin a break. 

Tatcha indigo cream? I’ve never knew they had one for sensitive skin? Is the scent strong?
2 Replies
Conversation Stats
  • 6 replies
  • 2 Hearts Given
  • 4 Contributors
Photos1
  • 2A0CEA38-C3DD-44D5-81B8-0E192CFEE320.jpeg
testing