Get inspired, play with products & learn new skills

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Post in Acne-Prone Skin
|

Moisturizer for dry skin that is breaking out

Hi, I am in my late 30s and for the last 6 months, I have been breaking out with white heads and acne. my skin is dry and i am looking for a moisturizer that can help me out! i am currently using tatch dewy skin and have used herbivore rosewater moisturizers. both of which have resulted in breakouts. would love to know what worked for folks in a similar situation. thanks in advance.

RE: Moisturizer for dry skin that is breaking out

Most acne prone skin doesn’t respond well to floral ingredients such as rose and high vitamin c concentrations. As for herbivores lotion I’d keep an eye out for mold. It was once recalled from Sephoras shelves due to a mold problem. I rarely break out but I’m currently going through a full face breakout thanks to their products. I found the mold in my lapis oil and prism and blue tansy mask yesterday and am not happy about it. Check your products girl ! I learned the hard way :(

Re: RE: Moisturizer for dry skin that is breaking out

While any ingredient has the potential to irritate someone's skin and cause a breakout, there's no inherent problem with rose or vitamin C. Many people who suffer from acne benefit from both ingredients. 

RE: Moisturizer for dry skin that is breaking out

Hiya! I really love to recommend the Banana Soufflé from Glow Recipe, though obviously depending on how dry your skin is you may want something a little extra. What I love about the Banana Soufflé is that the banana, magnesium, chia, and turmeric combo are soothing, hydrating, softening, and don’t break me out or feel too cloggy and gross!

Re: Moisturizer for dry skin that is breaking out

@nayhaa, I'm sorry to hear the Tatcha and Herbivore moisturizers didn't work for you. In the colder months, my skin is dehydrated-dry and I've had good luck with BELIF - The True Cream Moisturizing Bomb, FRESH - Rose & Hyaluronic Acid Deep Hydration Moisturizer or if I'm very dry, DR. JART+ - Ceramidin™ Cream. I still get one or two zits periodically on my chin or along my jawline, but not because of these moisturizers. 

Re: Moisturizer for dry skin that is breaking out

Thanks!!

5 Replies
Conversation Stats
  • 5 replies
  • 3 Hearts Given
  • 5 Contributors
testing