cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Post in Acne-Prone Skin
|

Maskne Advice Pt. 2

Hi everyone, 

This is an update to my original post Maskne Advice.

The following tips are what has helped my skin to further improve, and they've been so helpful that I had to write another post!

Personal Face Mask- I have switched to a really soft personal face mask that I purchased from Amazon. They look ninja-style. The description says cotton but I don't believe they are. I purchased cotton ones but the interior lining caused irritation from rubbing over the thick material so this is truly the best I found because it doesn't cause irritation over my skin from when I talk under the mask.

Morning Routine- I wash my face with philosophy Purity Made Simple, put a little bit of Thayers Witch Hazel Toner with Lavender on my forehead only using a cotton pad, and do eye makeup only (liner, eyeshadow, mascara, brows). 🛑 I put no skincare, makeup or lipcare under my mask at all. 🛑 This has helped SO MUCH. When you are putting a face covering right up to your skin- talking, breathing and living through it- you are minimizing the free air that is coming to your face which lets your skin breathe. It is really increasing skin irritation because your products are not being aired out. The final outcome? Products you weren't allergic to- now you suddenly are. I even stopped using powder products like blush. Now I can not only breathe better (read: no stickiness), but so can my skin. Note that I don't normally have oily skin, it's just because of the mask (my skin is combo). I am not putting any moisturizer on my forehead because it was getting oily from the condensation from my mask moving up. I am not experiencing any dryness from this routine (normally I would have), because my skin is naturally being moisturized. 

Nightly Routine- I use a clearing mask nightly, something to open up my face and get rid of any congestion. For skincare, I am using the same cleanser and toner, SEPHORA COLLECTION Clarifying Peel Pads 60 Pads, and Dr. Jart+ Cicapair™ Tiger Grass Calming Gel Cream. It really works! I follow with SEPHORA COLLECTION Brightening Eye Cream – Hydrate & Depuff and Shiseido White Lucent MultiBright Night Cream on the neck. If anyone is interested in knowing which face masks I use, I would be happy to list them.

This routine was not easy for me, I basically completely overhauled a tried and tested routine that I have been doing for years with my makeup and skincare. It took me a lot of getting used to to take out what I felt were essential steps from my routine. However, without making these changes my skin was just getting worse. I am now at the point where it is looking like my pre-pandemic skin, and that is pretty amazing!!!

If you haven't already, don't forget to read my Part 1 at Maskne Advice ❤️

Re: Maskne Advice Pt. 2

1. Hello! Thank you for posting your Maskne Part 1 and Part 2. I would be interested in knowing ALL products you use and which order you use them in. I work in a hospital and wear a medical mask 8+ hours a day. I’m breaking out like crazy! I’m talking little pimples everywhere on my cheeks, chin, jawline and neck. I’m also getting huge painful cystic acne as well....Thank you!!!

Re: Maskne Advice Pt. 2

Hi!

Thank you for your service!

I will be making a post with my updated routine! Make sure to look out for it!

2 Replies
Conversation Stats
  • 2 replies
  • 2 Hearts Given
  • 2 Contributors
testing