Get inspired, play with products & learn new skills

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Post in Acne-Prone Skin
|

Maskacne

I never have acne before but since I am using the mask due to the covid circumstances I have a lot of acne in my cheeks. I have tried everything but the products as I use them It gets worse. I am using benzoylperoxyde during the day (everyday) under my mask but I don't know if this is making my acne worse. I wash my face with salicylic acid cleanser from the inkeylist 2 times a day. I use rose toner mud mask two times a week same with retinoids and salicylic exfoliator 2 times a week also. I use niacinamine  too in my routine. 

Re: Maskacne

Hi @selfcareglow i have been using the inkey list succinic treatment for reducing zit size it was the best product ive ever used. Could you share which retinoid, salycilic and other products you are using? 

use the hero cosmetics force shield it’s in a stick form and you just apply it before you put on a mask. 

i saw once that if you spray an acne body mist on your mask and let it dry (like if you have it on for hours of the day) then it will kill acne causing bacteria that is on your mask and will help limit the transfer of that bacteria.

Ive started using it and it seems to be helping.

That's a lot of actives and drying products, @selfcareglow. Are you using moisturizer? Is the rose toner the only hydrating product?

Adding all those products at once could possibly be irritating your skin you want to start slow and give products time to work. Also try spraying your mask with salicylic acid before wearing it and if it’s cloth make sure you are washing it regularly 

Conversation Stats
  • 5 replies
  • 3 Hearts Given
  • 6 Contributors
testing