Get inspired, play with products & learn new skills

cancel
Showing results forย 
Search instead forย 
Did you mean:ย 
Post in Acne-Prone Skin
|

MASKNE is unreal๐Ÿ˜ญ

I know Iโ€™m not the only one whoโ€™s struggling with the maskne, but is anyone elseโ€™ more so those under the skin zits?! I swear I can feel them forming as my mask is on during my shifts .. I donโ€™t know if my facial routine in am/pm is โ€œwrongโ€ but what do you guys do to try to minimize the MASKNE?!!  I hate wearing it because of this, but also at a point where I donโ€™t mind because now the mask is hiding my acne, anyone else!?โ˜น๏ธ

*aside from this I have oily, and clearly acne prone skin. I just want this to go away ๐Ÿ˜ญ

Re: MASKNE is unreal๐Ÿ˜ญ

I use The Ordinary AHA 30% + BHA 2% Exfoliating Peeling Solution 1 oz/ 30 mL once a week. 

I really try to change my mask everyday. I also wash with no dye detergent and softener. I feel like wearing a mask is very drying so at night Iโ€™ve been using Youth To The People Mini Adaptogen Deep Moisture Cream with Ashwagandha + Reishi 0.5 oz/ 15 mL and a few time a week LANEIGE Water Sleeping Mask 2.3 oz/ 70 mL 

Dermalogica mini set!!! Highly recommend for maskne 

Clinique makes an acne solution foundation in 1 bottle. I don't know if it's just salicylic acid added only. (Which I was thinking of testing it in an existing foundation to see if it helps me). Any product that is oil free has done wonders for me. Mario Badesco makes a great Drying lotion that clears things up fast overnight. Otherwise switch to a sulfur based cleanser - do not use hydrogen peroxide or salicylic acid when using sulfur products & vice-versa.  Always wash your mask in a non-fragrant detergent.  Our faces are as sensitive they say as hidden areas of our body. So as long as you buy products with that in mind- it'll help clear you up. Also never touch those areas of your face my Dermatologist said, even clean hands contain bacteria. 

@mummer Yes, I totally get it! I love this spot treatment Proactiv Emergency Blemish Relief 0.33 oz/ 9.45 g and Iโ€™ve been having amazing luck with pimple patches! I love the StarFace ones, theyโ€™re so cute and they work! I hope this helps! Have a great day ๐Ÿ˜Š

I love that proactiv spot treatment too! I just wish it would also help prevent new breakouts. 

Conversation Stats
  • 5 replies
  • 7 Hearts Given
  • 6 Contributors
testing