Free Classes

Get inspired, play with products & learn new skills

cancel
Showing results forย 
Search instead forย 
Did you mean:ย 
Post in Acne-Prone Skin

Looking for recommendations hormonal acne

Hi everyone! Looking for recommendations for hormonal acne on jawline. I already follow the Korean 10 step skincare routine. I use the Boscia makeup remover oil at night for double cleanse, Neogen green tea foam cleanser, Neogen green tea exfoliate, witch hazel toner (found it works the best to me), Ole Henriksen truth serum, Sunday Riley UFO (night only) and Dr Jart water drop moisturizer. My skin type is normal and can be dry in the winter due to New England weather. I would love more recommendations. What worked for you guys? What should I be changing? I've read that retinoids and vitamin c treatments work best for hormonal acne. I would prefer natural as possible. I have tried Murad but it didn't work, and Ren worked for a little. Thanks in advance
Anonymous Insider

Re: Looking for recommendations hormonal acne

The only thing that had work for me is dropping dairy, and eating more cruciferous veggies (broccoli, kale, cauliflower). No cream or oil is gonna fix your hormones.  

I think the best way to treat hormonal acne is to encourage the skin to turnover quicker. I have yet to successfully drain a pimple related to hormones... they usually get to a point where I might be able to, but they like to hang around for awhile (2-4 weeks) first! My hormonal breakouts are the ones with no head and almost cyst-like.

During the week prior to my time of month, I use Eminence Organics' Phyto Eight Greens mask once or twice...it's a mask with plant hormones that's supposed to help prevent hormonal acne. So far, I've had good results with this.

I love to use the Herbivore Blue Tansy mask during the week of my time of the month, I find that the BHA and AHA in the mask do help to prevent breakouts.

For spot treatment, I prefer to use Renee Rouleau's Anti-Cyst treatment (finally shelled the $$ for it @greenchilli!) which as AHA in it to help skin turnover.

Retinol is regularly used in my routine (2-3x per week) but they don't tend to make a difference in my hormonal breakouts. It does help prevent bacterial breakouts and makes my skin look great, though!

@k617 I definitely need to try that Blue Tansy mask! I used one of the DDG peels last night and it seemed to have helped the existing breakouts. ๐Ÿ™

@k617 That eminenrnce mask sounds really interesting! And I totally forgot about the blue tansy mask-I love that one too!

@unfungirlI really do enjoy this mask, whether it truly works or not! I don't know if slapping plant hormones on your face has any real effect haha.

It has a soothing plant scent, is a weird jelly-like texture, and the "hot" version with paprika makes my face feel warm (supposed to "help improve circulation"). my skin does feel softer after using.

I finally finished my jar of Blue Tansy after a full year. I rarely finish masks (or any non-essential skincare product) so this is a big deal for me!

@Arolive I also use the UFO oil, as well as Sunday Riley Luna Oil and Good Genes at night.  I've noticed a big difference in my hormonal breakouts since I started this routine. I also use the pixie glow tonic during the day, and spot mask a few times a week with origins clear improvement, Boscia black mask or caudalie detox mask.

I got a 100 point perk of the UFO oil and it seems to be helping with the hormonal acne I'm dealing with right now. Apparently I need to remember to use it under my jawline as well since I currently have a few zits under my chin, but non on my face. Since I'm on the pill, I know when I need to prepare.

Posting because I'd like some recommendations too. I've been getting non-stop hormonal acne the past few weeks. Nothing in my skincare routine has changed and I'm breaking out, bad. ๐Ÿ˜ž All I've been doing is to apply acne cream to dessicate the acne. 

Conversation Stats
  • 8 replies
  • 15 Hearts Given
  • 6 Contributors
testing