Get inspired, play with products & learn new skills

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Post in Acne-Prone Skin
|

Looking for a good foundation.

Hi, I have combination, sensitive skin. I break out easily too if my skin isn't feeling the product. I am currently using Estee Lauder, but I want to try something new. Does anybody have any recommendations?

RE: Looking for a good foundation.

I agree with Gracie... I use the bareMinerals BarePro liquid foundation with the BarePro powder overtop if I want full coverage. If I'm just out running errands, I'll do just the powder. Both make my skin look flawless and not break out!

I just got the bare minerals pro foundation and I am loving it so far. I have oily skin and am acne prone and my skin is mildly sensitive and for the past 2 weeks that I've been using it it's been great. Super lightweight- I used Estée Lauder double wear a little in the past and felt like my skin was suffocating so this was a nice change for me. The coverage is more on the moderate side but it's pretty buildable, I do recommend using a concealer for any darker spots on your skin before applying the foundation so you won't end up looking cakey trying to build it up so much (this happened to me lol). It wears really well also through out my day. Hope this helps you!

I have combo, sensitive skin too and recently fell in lov...

I have combo, sensitive skin too and recently fell in love with Too Faced's Born This Way foundation. The color matching was perfect, the formula is a great balance of light moisturizing, and really does give a look of natural glow. Best things about it being non-pore irritating and easily buildable. I used to use exclusively Laura Mercier's Smooth Finish foundation (which was great also) but received so many more compliments on the look of my skin when I switched to Born This Way. It also depends on the type of coverage you are looking for. Born This Way is a medium coverage and Laura Mercier's Smooth Finish is more of a full coverage. I do keep Smooth Finish foundation around for days when I need heavy coverage or need absolute waterproof-ness. Hope this helps! Good luck in your search! 💋

I use the Lancôme 24 hour wear and Estée Lauder. I bounce between the two. They're somewhat similar for my oily skin. But Estée does last longer.

Re: Looking for a good foundation.

I would try the tarte Rainforest of the Sea foundation. I love wearing it. It makes my skin look healthy and beautiful not to mention it builds great! I also like the Coverfx drops because 1) they can be used alone 2) they can be used to make a lighter coverage foundation have full coverage or change the color to match your current shade better. I also really enjoy the Marc Jacobs Remarcable foundation when I want some full coverage. Hope I could help 😊

5 Replies
Conversation Stats
  • 5 replies
  • 6 Hearts Given
  • 6 Contributors
testing