Get inspired, play with products & learn new skills

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Post in Acne-Prone Skin
|

Looking For Post Acne Mark Fix!

So I had acne as a teenager and while I have it pretty much under control, I still have a few marks/scars and post inflammatory hyperpigmentation. I currently use a moisturizer from Clinique to keep pimples down, and I have started using Philosophy's Booster C powder with my Cerave moisturizer in the morning. I have seen moderate results but am needing more! I've dealt with this problem for a while so I'm looking for the best product to make my skin even and smooth. Any peels I should try?

...On another note, anyone with my problem found their HG foundation? I've used Bareminerals for a long time but I'm looking for something new.

Thanks!!

Re: Looking For Post Acne Mark Fix!

I am using the Clinique's Even Better Sskin care products. I have the correcting serum, moisturizer, and makeup. It has actually helped my breakouts alot and it's clearing up. I also started using just Dove soap on my face bc everything else causes dryness...which leads to more pimples:/ Yea MUFE broke me out and my doctor said that was the problem in the first place...a reaction or something...

For post acne marks, I would suggest trying the Philosophy Microdelivery Peel, or even their Oxygen Peel.. Both of these peels are gentle and really help brighten your skintone.. You will see results almost immediately and definitely over time. Another product you may want to try (though it is on the pricier side) is Caudalie's Vinoperfect Radiance Serum.  Hope this helps!

I personally did NOT like the MUFE HD foundation. It was too thick & broke my face out. I prefer a BB cream with MAC Studio Fix dusted over.

Please try the Peter Thomas Roth kits... The blemish or anti aging. Little goes a long ways and they are great starter kits! LOVE!

I tried clinique even better dark spot corrector. It sucks.

Ive alsO dealt with acne scars for years!! I've tried vitamin e oil which caused Me to break out and aloe Vera was a mild help. A huge huge help is cliniques even better dark spot corrector. I was really skeptical of it at first bc of the price and I just assumed I would return it back to sephora... In a month the scars I've had for two years are much less noticeable!
I am on my third bottle now!
I'm not one to buy expensive skin care products , I prefer only drug store brands bc it's affordable. This is one product though I will shell out for. I admit I'm not a regular with it bc I always put on my moisturizer and then I forget I haven't put this thing on underneath. But after a few weeks hiatus I start using this product and see a small diff within a day or two!
Note. Little goes a long way! Take one tiny pump and just put it on the scars u need to fix, and whenever I'm breaking out I ensure to use this to prevent my future scars

Hi flgal20, 

I know how you feel, I have some post acne scars and marks that I need to fade away too! I've had good luck with a few great products before that you may be interested in.

First, try a weekly exfoliator or face peel that will remove buildup of dead skin cells, bacteria and anything else that may prevent the actual treatment product from reaching the damaged cells.

Laura Mercier Flawless Face Polish

REN Glyco Lactic Radiance Renewal Mask

Or even use a mini skincare brush with your regular foaming cleanser or a brightening cleanser to help remove buildup:

My favorite brightening treatment and serum is the Caudalie Vinoperfect Radiance Serum. I have used this product for over 5 years now and have always been happy with the results. It is natural based with a lot of great plant ingredients from white grape seeds, and is great for hyperpigmentation, scars, pregnancy, acne, smoking or brown spots. A little bit  goes a long way with this serum but it's a great investment.

Please please PLEASE make sure you follow up with a daily SPF! This will protect the newly lightened skin cells from becoming dark again (and is also great to protect your skin in the long run!) My favorite is the Ole Henriksen Protect the Truth SPF 55 Sunscreen which is lightweight, I can apply it under my makeup, and it smells yummy without having too much of a white mask.

Protect The Truth™ SPF 50+ Sunscreen

If you'd like a new foundation, try the Nars Sheer Matte or Sheer Glow which are very natural looking finishes, or even the Make Up For Ever HD foundation which has amazing buildable coverage, is oil free,and is amazing at concealing any flaws or post-acne marks.

Luv&Lipgloss, Diana

Thank you so much dianabt!

That was super helpful of you. I was looking into the MUFE HD foundation and this inspires me to go try it out!

8 Replies
Conversation Stats
  • 8 replies
  • 4 Hearts Given
  • 7 Contributors
testing