Your Basket is Empty
Sign in to see items you may have added previously.
See samples, rewards and promotions in .

Item Added to Basket

Free Shipping!

You're only $50.00 away from Free Shipping.

Post in Acne-Prone Skin

Is the Clarisonic Really that Good?

I've tried many acne products. I don't have severe acne but I get the occasional breakouts. I'm wondering if I should purchase the Clarisonic. But is it really worth the price it is? Is it really as good as they say?

Tags (1)

Yep, it really is that good!  I used to have a lot of bla...

Yep, it really is that good!  I used to have a lot of blackheads and acne flare-ups, I now have only a few blackheads or none, depending on how diligent I use the Clarisonic. Acne is completely under control too! Though the initial cost is somewhat pricey, you will save lots of $ on not buying products that don't work.

Clarisonic now has the Mia, less expensive than the regular Clarisonic and great for the face.

Absolutely!  The Clarisonic is one of the best investment...

Absolutely!  The Clarisonic is one of the best investments I've ever made.  I used to have a horrible amount of blackheads on my T-zone, but especially on my nose.  I bought the Clarisonic Skincare Brush and it helped immensely.  It is pricey, but it is a long-term great investment.  Once you try it I guarantee you'll never want to go back to a washcloth!

Hope this helps! Smiley Happy

Yes it really is THAT GOOD! Let me put it this way... I h...

Yes it really is THAT GOOD! Let me put it this way... I have 3 Clarisonics. The first one is just the regular Clarisonic, My mother bought it for me when it first came out a few years back. Then they came out with the Clarisonic Plus and I had to buy that one as well so I could use it on my body and than they came out with the Mia which I "had" to have for when I go on vacation/trips. 

The Clarisonic has transformed my skin. When I was 16 (I'm now 21) I was told I had "Severe" acne because I would occasionally get cystic acne. Well I then got the Clarisonic and it helped tremendously with my acne. BUT please understand that the Clarisonic is NOT meant to cure acne. It makes no claims to do so. I contribute my acne clearing up because the Clarisonic was so thourouhgly washing my face and getting ALL my makeup off, therefor it left my pores clean and refreshed. 

I had a hard time panning out the money for the clarisonic PLUS but it is hands down AMAZING (along with my regular clarisonic and my Mia). Let me just put it this way, a year ago I went on a trip to Hawaii and I was gone for 2 weeks, well go figure I left my clarisonic at home (on accident of course!) and the whole entire trip my face felt just so dirty. Even though I washed my face every morning and every night my face just didn't feel clean. The instant I got home I washed my face with the clarisonic and my face felt 100% better and 100% clean. 

Another option you could do if you want to purchase the Clarisonic is go to QVC.com they sell the Regular Clarisonic, Clarisonic PLUS and the MIA. And some has easy pay options, which means they split the payment in increments over a few months. So instead of spending $195 (which i think the PLUS costs) you would pay only $50 the first month and then the next month you would be charged the next $50 and so on. I hope that makes sense and isn't too confusing!? 

But YES I do think the Clarisonic works and I DO think it is worth the money. Its a great investment and is something I can not live without! 

In a word, YES. Yes, yes. (Okay, three words.)   It has C...

In a word, YES. Yes, yes. (Okay, three words.)

It has COMPLETELY transformed my skin. I never had breakouts (excepting an occasional hormonal flare up) until I was in my mid-20s, when I started breaking out on my chin -- I also developed bumpy, clogged pores there. I was skeptical of the Clarisonic, and all of its rave reviews. Nevertheless, I caved, and during a 20% off window, I bought it. I can honestly say: It is the best money I have ever invested in a skincare product (equal to Retin-A, which I will never be without -- I use it for anti-aging, but it also helps to keep my skin clear).

Not only did the clarisonic blast the clogged pores off my face, I rarely break out anymore (*knocks on wooden desk*). I currently have NO pimples on my chin, and my skin looks better than it has in ages -- as long as I can remember. I think because it cleans so throughly, products really do absorb better. My eye cream seems to be more effective, as does Retin-A. My skin is also really smooth; even my makeup looks different.

From reading the reviews, I would caution not to be alarmed if your skin gets worse instead of better when you first use it, as it *can* go through a purging period. While it did not make me break out, my skin did get a bit red and irritated when I first started using it -- I was using it twice a day. I took a break and decreased to once a day, and then eventually back up to two, and now it's fine.

If you buy this, I don't think you will regret it! It may not be a cure-all for acne, but I would think that it helps -- especially if other products you're using are rendered more effective by the deep cleaning.

Good luck! Smiley Happy

Hi, I bet it works, but often wonder why no one mentions...

Hi,

I bet it works, but often wonder why no one mentions a facial brush ... isn't a facial brush the middle step between clarisonic and hand washing your face (which you should spend some amount of time to do well ie. lightly massage ...).

Absolutely! i love my Clarisonic Mia. Its not a complete...

Absolutely! i love my Clarisonic Mia. Its not a complete fix but its a great addition to your skincare regime. If youve got a cleanser that you love, the Clarisonic will be perfect to work with it. I think that would help to take care of those occasional breakouts.

In addition to the recommendations here, you can also rea...

In addition to the recommendations here, you can also read the reviews for the Mia on the product page in Sephora, Drugstore.com, and the Clarisonic website.  I think you'll find the consensus is pretty much that it is an awesome tool when combined with a good cleanser.

Yes, it is definitely worth it. My only regret is not buy...

Yes, it is definitely worth it. My only regret is not buying it sooner. Like you, I was wondering if it was worth it and didn't want to spend the money on it. But the amount of money I spent on skincare products that don't really work, would very quickly pay for it! It has made my face so much clearer and healthier. I had one breakout since using it (that time of month- always break out then, no matter what), and the difference was amazing. Within a few days the breakout was gone, and the severity of it was so much less. All I can say is, TRY IT. You won't be sorry.

I can't live without my Clarisonic. Mind you - you may ex...

I can't live without my Clarisonic. Mind you - you may experience an initial "purge", and experience a severe breakout. I did, but once you push through it, the results are fantastic. 

My skin is left feeling so incredibly smooth, and there just is no substitute for that "Clarisonic clean".

9 Replies
Conversation Stats
  • 9 replies
  • 5 Hearts Given
  • 10 Contributors