Get inspired, play with products & learn new skills

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Post in Acne-Prone Skin
|

Is lapis from herbivore a retinol?

i was wondering this since the smell and feel of it is so similar to Sunday Riley’s luna. i also wanted to know so i know what other products i can use/not use with Lapsis !

Re: Is lapis from herbivore a retinol?

Hi @h0ly!

Herbivore's Lapis Oil does not include a form of vitamin A, so no it is not a retinol.

Both Luna and Lapis are oils (which likely helps to explain the similar consistency) and both include blue tansy - I suspect that's likely why you find the two similar in smell. 

Luna includes hydroxypinacolone retinoate as a reitnoid. Aside from the blue tansy oil, the two products don't share any ingredients in common from what I can see. 

What type of products are you looking to add to your routine in addition to Lapis?

RE: Re: Is lapis from herbivore a retinol?

thank you! i recently change my whole skin care routine since i started using the ordinary. AM: hyaluronic acid 2% + B5 , Alpha Arbutin 2%+HA , vitamin c suspension 23% + HA or the silicone version, sometimes i use high adherence silicone primer. PM: Hyaluronic acid 2%+B5 , Alpha Arbutin 2%+HA, niacinamide 10%+ Zinc 1% , and azeliac acid suspension 10% and some days i use the granactive retinoid 2% emulsion at night when i’m not using niacinamide

Re: RE: Re: Is lapis from herbivore a retinol?

@h0ly Thank you, it helps a lot to see your whole routine laid out! It looks like you have a fairly thorough routine with a number of products already - what type of product are you wanting to add to your routine? Or are you just looking to add the Lapis oil to your current routine?

RE: Re: RE: Re: Is lapis from herbivore a retinol?

just wanted to know if i could add lapis to my routine ! but if you have any recommendations for a product that can help remove/lighten acne scars that’d be awesome
2 Replies
Conversation Stats
  • 4 replies
  • 4 Hearts Given
  • 2 Contributors
testing