Your Basket is Empty
Sign in to see items you may have added previously.
See samples, rewards and promotions in .

Item Added to Basket

Free Shipping!

You're only $50.00 away from Free Shipping.

Post in Acne-Prone Skin
|

In need of a new spot treatment

I am in dire need of a new spot treatment! The problem is that the place whereI get my breakouts is on my chin & forehead, which are usually oily, but can become dry if I use too much product. 

I would love to find a spot treatment that is effective, but will not enflame my sensitive skin. It doesn't flare up easily, but since its winter, it is more prone to do so.

I would prefer an organic/paraben-free product, but I am open to suggestions if people know of effective treatments!

Thanks for your suggestions!!!

xox

I also like the Kate Somerville spot treatment, Mario Bad...

I also like the Kate Somerville spot treatment, Mario Badescu has a similar product called Drying Lotion. I often layer MB's Healing Cream over my spot treatment, it controls redness, moisturizes and calms the skin.

Hope this helps 

I agree with the last post, Clinique Spot Treatment can d...

I agree with the last post, Clinique Spot Treatment can dry out your skin. Although, I use it and found a way to apply so that it only dries out the zit. Instead of squeezing it directly on to my skin I squeeze it onto a toothpick first. I then use that to get it exactly JUST on the very spot and not on any surrounding skin. I find this works well. I like that the Cliniqe spot treatment dries clear and is a gel so it doesn't transfer to pillows and can be worn under makeup if needed.I have had my little bottle forever, it lasts a long time Smiley Happy

One thing to keep in mind if you do choose to try the Clinique spot treatment is it does have somewhat of a burn to it shortly after applying. It wont last for long though.

Another thing its good for is if you pop a white head and apply this it will "lock" in the medicine as the gel dries and seals it from any bacteria entering...

GL hope this helps

Hello,    My skin likes to break out at times and I like...

Hello, 

My skin likes to break out at times and I like to kill them on contact. I would suggest Kate Somerville Eradikate. Its a sulfur based acne spot treatment fighter that works so fast they are almost gone by the next day. Its the only one I found that has such great results. Use it at night preferably because when it dries on your skin it looks pink. Only apply it on the blemish itself.  I hope you give this a try. 

-Erik 

Sephora PRO

hi @tinkerchels,   i've used quite a few spot treatments...

hi @tinkerchels,

i've used quite a few spot treatments and found that many dry up my skin (especially Cliniques!!). i urge you to get a sample of DDF's Salicylic Acid Acne Treatment... it's the best that I have tried! it will significantly reduce the size of your blemishes overnight and should get rid of them completely in about 3 days. it dries clear and leaves no shine, so its perfect for wearing under your makeup. also, it did not dry me out at all.

im not sure of the ingredients or if it is paraben-free or not, sorry!

i received a deluxe sample in a VIB hatbox a few months ago and i still have half of the tube left! check in your sephora store, i recently saw it as a 100 point perk at some of mine.

P238606_hero.jpg

hope this helps! Smiley Happy

You could try Origins Super Spot Remover Treatment Gel. I...

You could try Origins Super Spot Remover Treatment Gel. I used it for 5 days, but I found most effective was that if my pimple had a head, popping it and putting this gel over it made a difference overnight. The first few days I just put the gel over the pimple and it just made the pimple redder, but for some reason after popping the pimple, it looked better with the gel over it. Just remember to cleanse before and after popping your pimple. If you have cystic acne, don't try popping the pimples, but just use the gel over it. It may take awhile for cystic acne, but the swelling does go down overnight. I hope this helps and good luck!

5 Replies
Conversation Stats
  • 5 replies
  • 2 Hearts Given
  • 6 Contributors
Photos1
  • P238606_hero.jpg