Your Basket is Empty
Sign in to see items you may have added previously.
See samples, rewards and promotions in .

Item Added to Basket

Free Shipping!

You're only $50.00 away from Free Shipping.

Post in Acne-Prone Skin

I've tried every product known to man for acne & nada - please help!

Birth control has calmed down my acne, but I still get little bumps on my forehead and around my chin and cheeks.  I've been using Skinceuticals and have tried the First Aid Beauty products and Pro-Activ.  Neither work for me.  I'd love to be able to wake up, apply some moisturizer and head out for the day.  Instead, I alwaysss have to apply foundation/powder to cover up these awful blemishes.  Suggestions??? Please help!

First of all, from what I can see on your profile, Bare M...

First of all, from what I can see on your profile, Bare Minerals and Nars Orgasm both have bismuth, which is known to cause acne, so maybe try cutting those products out of your makeup ritual before switching skincare products. Now, start fresh and look for an acne kit that's easy to manage (i.e. no more than 4 steps in the kit). Whether you choose Philosophy, REN, or The Body Shop, look at the reviews section to see what kind of skin types do reviewers have. Since you have combination skin, see how combination skin types respond to the products. That will save you a lot of money and/or trips to the store. For reference, I've used Murad, Philosophy's On a Clear Day, and Dermadoctor with success, so maybe try some of those brands and give the product(s) at least 6 weeks before giving up on them. I hope this helps and good luck!

I had problems with bumps as well. I started using Cliniq...

I had problems with bumps as well. I started using Cliniques Acne solutions kit and it really cleared up my skin. The toner has a mattifier and both the foam cleanser and the moisturizer have benzoyl peroxide which I find works better for me than salicylic acid. Some people complained that it dryed out their skin so I started by using the acne solutions moisturizer at night and cliniques dramatically different moisturizing gel in the morning. Now I only use the gel moisturizer if I use my microdermabrasion tool or weariing a full face of makeup.

Tips:

Change your sheets often

Wash your face both in am and pm no matter what

Wash your face once with a gentle cleanser and then with your acne wash to make sure your getting all makeup removed

Try not to touch your face too much

I have been using the Acne.org/Daniel Kern regimen for th...

I have been using the Acne.org/Daniel Kern regimen for the last year and a half and I highly, HIGHLY recommend it! It seriously changed my life. The only thing is that it really IS a regimen--it's time consuming and you have to follow the steps EXACTLY, twice a day religiously, or it will stop working. It also takes some time for your skin to adjust to the benzoyl peroxide, and you will get some irritation for at least a few weeks. But you should check out the website... it requires patience and persistence but it's totally worth it.

I also have very problematic skin. Instead of using a fac...

I also have very problematic skin. Instead of using a face wash formulated for acne, I use Caress soap. It is very gentle on the skin but works wonders. If you use it twice a day- morning and night- you will most likely see results within a few weeks. Also, try to keep your hair off of your face as much as possible. Change your pillow case at least once a week and make sure that you sleep with your hair off of your face. I recommend pulling it back in a braid which is said to help your hair grow. It also creates very low stress on your hair if positioned correctly. Remember to keep your hands off of your face unless they have just been washed and don't pick at your acne. It WILL leave scars!

4 Replies
Conversation Stats
  • 4 replies
  • 1 Hearts Given
  • 5 Contributors