From makeovers to personalized skincare consultations

Free Classes

Get inspired, play with products & learn new skills

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Post in Acne-Prone Skin

I think I found my solution for cystic inflammation!

ABOUT MY SKIN: Ok, to begin, I have lived with genetic and hormonal cystic acne since Jr. high (7th grade till now, 22 years of age).Inflammation, itchiness, pulsing heat, pain and frustrating makeup cover ups is something I've gotten used to. So most of my research tofight this struggle is to deal with the superficial issues first because theyare the most annoying. DISCLAIMER: Right now I'm not takingany tropical or oral medication that is targeted to deal with any formof acne (besides for my cholesterol control). And these extra step in myskincare are recent and have shown the most improvement within amonth(to be exact, in one week for me). However, I cannot vouch thatthey are a solution for everyone or to rid acne. But since it has worked for me, I will share. STORY TIME: I was strolling through YouTube and ended upin one video where they talked about mom remedies for skincare. The host explained that her mom mixed half of apple cider vinegar and half water to help lighten up her face, but it took her 3 months to achieve it. I started to do this because I've read that there arebenefits for natural antiseptics (which is the apple cider), so why not. Then while doing research for apple cider vinegar, I became intrigued with Witch Hazel. From my understanding, Witch Hazel, also serves a similar purpose as apple cider with the addition of anti inflammatory components. I came across a honey mask that utilizes WitchHazel and decided to use this method. When I went to get the ingredients for the apple cider and honey, I couldn't find the exact ingredientsused (I was in an unfamiliar store, didn't know my way around). I wanted a small bottle of apple cider vinegar, but they only had the drinkableshots with turmeric and honey. I remember that my mom said that turmeric is great to calm down the skin and honey is moisturizing, so I grabbed this one instead. As for the honey, I was going circles trying to look for it, but kept finding blue agave. I knew that blue agave was also anti inflammatory because we used it to reduce itchiness on closingwounds. I chucked it into my cart as a substitute if I couldn't find thehoney. Then dummy me was finally able to see that the honey was right in front of my face (one of those moments). So now I have not the ideal ingredients, besides the honey, but they all had a little extra goodness, so I didn't mind and used all of them. INGREDIENTS: I used these because they were available to me, you may find other or evenbetter brands... Apple Cider Vinegar toner like mixture: (I keep mine in a cosmetic travel bottle, keep itcool) • half of Apple Cider Vinegar - mine has with turmeric and honey - I used Vermont Village • half of water -so it won't be too acidic Witch Hazel mask: (I guess you can store it in anything, keep it cool) • 2 teaspoons of Blue Agave - I don't think itsnecessary, I just used it to not let it go to waste - I used madhava • 2 teaspoons of Honey - necessary to moisterize as witch hazel isdrying and it gives that stickon consitency - I used Miller'shoney • 1 teaspoon of Witch Hazel - with NO alcohol, alcohol is horrible as a skincare ingredient - I used Humphreys Cucumber Melon HOW TO: If interested, you can try out both or just one, either way both haveshownnice results for different issues. - Apple Cider Vinegar toner mix: This one has reduced some redness, but not all (I'm still in the first month). However, when I use it, it rids of dead skin and dirt without needing abrasion or physical exfoliation. I don't think it rids of all the skin that exfoliators do, just the surface, as if you were rubbing them off, which you are tecnically. In the morning: I wake up with a very oily face, Iwash it off only with water. Then I used the mixture by pouring a puddle onmy hand and, in circular motions, I massage it onmy face. On the video, she said that her mom did it for 5 minutes total, each time adding more whenever it dries. I didn't do exactly that, but it's not that much different. I place 5 layers. Each time a layer dries, I addthe other. When I'm done, I wash it off with water. DON'T keep it on, you dont want the barrier of your skin to be damaged. After that, I go onwith the rest of my skincare routine. Makesure to moisterize. At night: I haven't seen anything bad happen if I do it again at night, so do it once or twice, whichever you prefer. Wash off your makeup, with soap to not have residue. And apply as you have done. - Witch Hazel Honey mask: This one has greatly reduced my inflammation. I wasn't expectingresults as natural ingredients tend tonot show much. I only use it once a day(morning or night) because it can be quite drying, and always moisterize afterwards. On the first fourdays, I skipped a day then did it routinely, but if it feels too drying, reduce the amount of days. It is about comfort. I apply the mix with a brush, it is the cleanest and easiest way. And like any typical mask, I give it 20 minutes, any more and my skin feels like a desert. Then wash it off with water. Normally all of the mask comes off, but if its uncomfortable without the use of soap then go ahead and use it, there's actually no concrete rules inhow to do this. CONCLUSION: I wish I took photos of my \"before\" so I can show how angry it was. But photos wouldn't explain the sensation since it is deep within the skin. All I have left to dealwith is my scars,which are hyperpigmentated. I do get acne, but they dry off quickly, and the cystic ones reduce in sizeandredness. Overall, I say that it is only for inflammation because thatis what it has helpedme with. The inflammation, itchiness, pulsing heat, painful mounds on my face have become better. It doesn't hurt when I touch my face or smile, theitchiness and size has calmed down and theredness has reduced. This has helped lighten the problems of cystic acne, but has not riddenof it permanently. It is only a superficial solution. And if it worksfor others that is great, but don't stop in searching how to delete this problem. (I tried to type it in a more organized way with paragraphs and indents, but the app keeps posting it all clustered. I don't know how you're seeing it, but hopefully its legible)

Conversation Stats
  • 0 replies
  • 0 Hearts Given
  • 1 Contributors
Photos4
testing