Your Basket is Empty
Sign in to see items you may have added previously.
See samples, rewards and promotions in .

Item Added to Basket

Free Shipping!

You're only $50.00 away from Free Shipping.

Post in Acne-Prone Skin

I need a cleanser that won't make my skin dry, or oily!

I have moderate acne, and I have been using Proactiv for about a year. I used to use the regular formula, and it worked pretty well on my acne, but it made my face really dry. I recently switched to the gentle formula, and it is just making my skin oily and really not helping my acne at all. Does anyone know of a great cleanser and mosturizer or a system that helps acne but doesn't irritate or make skin oily?

I love Kate Somerville Detox Daily Cleanser.  It's kind o...

I love Kate Somerville Detox Daily Cleanser.  It's kind of expensive, but I have gone through 5 of them because I love it! Smiley Happy  It makes my skin slightly SLIGHTLY dry if I don't use a moisturizer afterwards!  I recommend.

I used to have pretty severe acne.  I started using Cetap...

I used to have pretty severe acne.  I started using Cetaphil with the Clarisonic cleaning brush a year and a half ago and have not had a pimple since.  I also think the simpler you can keep your routine the better.  I clean and then moisturize with L'Occitane Almond Supple Skin Oil or Korres Yogurt Cream. 

I have struggled with acne my entire life! Try this for t...

I have struggled with acne my entire life! Try this for two weeks: place a freshly laundered towel over your pillow every night (not the same one). HUGE difference. 

My parents bought me the most expensive acne creams, Dior, Chanel, everything.

The ONLY method that worked (and still does) is as follows:

1) the towel method I explained above (for at least 3-4 months)

2) 10% benzoyl peroxide every night on trouble spots (which was pretty much my entire face.... I realize it can be slightly harmful to skin but honestly its the only thing that works). Your face may dry out a bit; the next step helps that. 

3) Use the Korres 3-in-1 facial cleanser. Twice a day. It removes makeup, cleanses, AND tones. I have naturally oily skin, so this is literally all the moisture I need for the day. During winter months, I use the Korres primer on cheeks/nose and it's perfect.

I hope this helps. I know acne can be so stubborn to get rid of!

I had moderate to severe acne for 13 or so years (I'm 27...

I had moderate to severe acne for 13 or so years (I'm 27 now) and this works for me:

I wash my face with Philosophy's Purity Made Simple at night, I usually rinse my face off in the morning unless it feels gunky.  If I had the budget, I would use Hope in a Jar, also form Philosophy but it's a bit too pricey for a grad student.  I use benzoyl peroxide on the occasional zit, but not on my whole face, it freaks it out too much.

As far as make-up goes, I found switching from liquid foundation made a world of difference.  I use BareMinerals: primer, foundation, "warmth" and mineral veil.  It doesn't feel overly heavy nor does it make my face completely break out.

Good luck!

The short and simple cure for your issues is this: moistu...

The short and simple cure for your issues is this: moisturize every single day.  Even if you have oily skin, moisturizing is a must.  If you continue to have problems, cleanse every other day.

You should get a clarisonic and wash your face with caudi...

You should get a clarisonic and wash your face with caudilie instant foaming cleanser, it gets all the dirt and grossness off your skin without drying it out. trust me , it's a life saver!:smileyhappy:  

I battle with sensitive skin and acne too. Products that...

I battle with sensitive skin and acne too. Products that contain benzoyl peroxide dry out my skin and make my face irritated and red. I switched to Murad's acne line and I love it (blue labels). No more redness or flakiness and it knocks out my acne. The moisturizer 'Skin Perfecting Lotion' is oil free, so you get nice soft skin without the oiliness. Hope you find your perfect product line!

7 Replies
Conversation Stats
  • 7 replies
  • 0 Hearts Given
  • 8 Contributors