Free Classes

Get inspired, play with products & learn new skills

cancel
Showing results forย 
Search instead forย 
Did you mean:ย 
Post in Acne-Prone Skin

Hydrating Moisturizer For Acneic Skin

What is a good hydratng and very good thick moisturizer for acne prone skin? I've tried a lot and usually they are more drying or cause more acne, any suggestions are helpful:)

Re: Hydrating Moisturizer For Acneic Skin

Clinique dramatically different gel!!!

@BellaBabe1000wrote:

What is a good hydratng and very good thick moisturizer for acne prone skin? I've tried a lot and usually they are more drying or cause more acne, any suggestions are helpful:)

If you really need a good dose of moisture, I recommend Caudalie Overnight Renewal Cream. It's a little bit heavier but hasn't affected my sensitive acne-prone skin at all, and leaves me feeling less oily in the morning. The Caudalie Vinosource Sorbet and Mattifying Fluid are both really good too. The Sorbet is a nice just daily moisturizer, and the Mattifying Fluid is nice to put on before makeup to prep your skin. It doesn't dry you out at all, which I was so thrilled to see when I tried it. Any of those are great for sensitive skin, won't clog your pores, and moisturize well! A little goes a long way with all three.

Iโ€™ve tired so many different moisturizers and nothing stands up to Lala by Drunk Elephant. It is nice and thick, soaks into my dry skin and feels so wonderful! I just recently got my acne under control and Iโ€™m super careful about what I use now because I donโ€™t want to break out again, so I understand wanting something that is good for your skin. I definitely suggest giving this a try for your dry skin โ˜บ๏ธ 

https://m.sephora.com/product/lala-retro-whipped-cream-P408645?icid2=skugrid

I can't say enough good things about Beliefs Moisture Bomb products- never makes me breakout, and *keeps* me hydrated.

I also love Josie Marans organ oil applied as a serum and letting it soak in.

on extra dry days- a few sprays of smashbos water primer actually feels great!

Conversation Stats
  • 4 replies
  • 3 Hearts Given
  • 5 Contributors
testing