cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Post in Acne-Prone Skin
|
Anonymous Insider

How to get rid of my acne I have oily skin

How can I get rid of my acne I have oily skin of my acne is hormonal Can you guys give me some recommendations

RE: How to get rid of my acne I have oily skin

Birth control also helped my hormonal acne a lot! I wouldn’t completely change your skincare routine all at once so slowly introduce new products to your skin. I recommend the Aztec clay mask mixed with apple cider vinegar and one or two drops of tea tree oil. Also, find a good cleanser that doesn’t leave a residue and really cleans your face. I’d recommend double or even triple cleansing when you wash your face. Make sure you have a good moisturizer to follow and a face oil (look for one with acne specific ingredients like the Sunday Riley UFO). Do not skip washing your face, ever! Always in the morning and before you go to bed. I’d also look into medicated serums or consider going to an esthetician (for a skincare regimen that’s specific to you) or a dermatologist to possibly get a prescription to help your acne.

RE: How to get rid of my acne I have oily skin

Hi @Anonymous. I second Korean skincare! It has made a huge difference in my skin. You can find a ton of great products on Amazon if you do a search under Korean beauty. A great Korean brand for acne-prone and oily skin is Cos rx. I too have hormonal acne and have been dealing with it for more than half my life. I am currently on a prescription-strength retinoid plus clindamycin called Ziana gel. I also take Doxcyclin pills and another topical treatment called Aczone. You may want to seek out a dermatologist, if you haven’t already, to help treat your hormonal acne. There are a lot of great prescription medications available. Also, one of the face washes that I recommend is the Tatcha deep cleanse that you can get here at Sephora. It deep cleans your skin but will not leave it dehydrated afterward. The Ordinary also makes a ton of great products for acne-prone skin. I use the Niacinamide plus Zinc formula. They have a salicylic acid one as well. The Ordinary products are very inexpensive and you can find them here at Sephora. Since they tend to sell out quickly, you can also find them at The Ordinary’s website or Deciem (the parent company). Hope this helps!

Re: RE: How to get rid of my acne I have oily skin

@Anonymous @Llamamama2 Those are the exact medications my derm prescribed me. Unfortunately they did more harm than good for me. (all skin is different, so what may work for some may not work for others) Sometimes it is better to see what results you can get with skincare before seeking a dermatologist. My acne was so inflamed and ridiculous, my derm was fed up with not seeing results and wanted to put me on acutane so i told him BYE and jumped on the Korean skincare wagon. 

Re: How to get rid of my acne I have oily skin

@Anonymous Awkward question, but are you on birth control? Finding the right one can be tricky, this is what helped me get my hormonal acne under control. If you're leery of it, try cutting back, or eliminating dairy product, sugar and processed foods. If you're really committed to the diet you will see some major changes in your skin. Also look into the 10 step Korean skin care routine, or you can go 5 if 10 is daunting. Also check out the seven skin method, this can help with oiliness by balancing hydration. Let me know if you need product recommendations! I struggled for years with my skin until i found the right regimen for my skin, it may take you a while to completely clear your skin, so keep that in mind. Don't get discouraged if something doesn't work right away!

4 Replies
Conversation Stats
  • 4 replies
  • 3 Hearts Given
  • 4 Contributors
testing