Your Basket is Empty
Sign in to see items you may have added previously.
See samples, rewards and promotions in .

Item Added to Basket

Free Shipping!

You're only $50.00 away from Free Shipping.

Post in Acne-Prone Skin

How long should it take to see results with the Clarisonic?

So, I got the Clarisonic Mia yesterday and I broke out really bad from using it. I'm hoping that it's just bring the impurities out of my skin, but I think it could be irritating my skin. I have extremely oily and acne prone skin if that helps. Please, I know this product is suppose to be amazing, but I want to know if this product will work for me! 

Accepted Solutions

I would be surpridsed if the Mia made you break out overn...

I would be surpridsed if the Mia made you break out overnight. Are you using the same cleanser as you normally do?  Other people who have had breakouts after using it for a few days generally reported that they went away after two weeks and that their skin looked better than before they started using it. Like you mentioned, sometimes when you first start using it and it's bringing impurities to the surface, you break out more for a few weeks. If you are still breaking out after a month, I'd say it may be overstimulating your skin and it's not for you!

All Replies

I would be surpridsed if the Mia made you break out overn...

I would be surpridsed if the Mia made you break out overnight. Are you using the same cleanser as you normally do?  Other people who have had breakouts after using it for a few days generally reported that they went away after two weeks and that their skin looked better than before they started using it. Like you mentioned, sometimes when you first start using it and it's bringing impurities to the surface, you break out more for a few weeks. If you are still breaking out after a month, I'd say it may be overstimulating your skin and it's not for you!

I have oily, acne-prone skin, too, and I use the Clarison...

I have oily, acne-prone skin, too, and I use the Clarisonic every day.  I absolutely love it.  If you changed cleansers and are using the ones that came with the system or something different that could be what's breaking you out.  Anyway, I wouldn't give up on it because it has made such a big difference in the number of blackheads that I have now compared to before I began using it.

Good luck with it. Smiley Happy

Hi! When you first start using your Mia, it is common for...

Hi!

When you first start using your Mia, it is common for your skin to purge aka breakout.  Give it a couple of weeks to work.  Keep in mind, if you stop using your Mia, and then start up again, you may experience that same purging temporarily.  I use my Mia once a day and that works well for my skin.

Have fun!

Yes, that sounds normal. You will breakout, your skin is...

Yes, that sounds normal. You will breakout, your skin is just purging because the Mia is a form of gentle exfoliation in itself. I am surprised that you broke out over night though, although everyone's skin is different. I wouldnt switch cleasners though until your skin gets used the Mia. If you switch cleasners you will probably breakout more. I use the Kate Somerville Detox with mine, I actually didnt like the cleasner that came with the MIa at all.

Maybe you should try using the clarisonic less until your...

Maybe you should try using the clarisonic less until your skin gets used to it. It says it is ok to use twice a day, which I did. After a while I started breaking out again. I then started using in only once a day at night and on the gentle setting. I also use the gentle head brush. When I felt like my skin was clearing again and not getting irritated, I started using it twice a day again on the one minute setting. Sometimes over exfoliation can make your skin freak out if it isn't used to it.

5 Replies
Conversation Stats
  • 5 replies
  • 10 Hearts Given
  • 6 Contributors