Get inspired, play with products & learn new skills

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Post in Acne-Prone Skin
|

How can I get rid of acne scars quick

Hi I need help to get rid of my acne scars pls I can’t find anything I’m 14 how can I get rid of them bc picture day is in a few weeks and I want to look good and scar free what products can I use to get rid of the scars quickly pls and thx 

Re: How can I get rid of acne scars quick

chemical peels and using microdermabrasion tools healed mine 🙂 but you should go to a dermatologist or medical pro for chemical peels.

Hey girl, what’s worked for me is first of all getting a prescription from my doctor that’s called “tretinoin” and it helps fade the scars over time! I’ve also used the Paula's Choice Clinical 0.3% Retinol + 2% Bakuchiol Treatment 1 oz/ 30 mL that helps which also has retinoids like tretinoin! It’s hard to find something that will help fade the scars/marks in that amount of time, so I suggest using a really high coverage concealer based on your skin type. If you have dry or combination skin I would get a creamy hydrating concealer, and if you have more oily skin use a more matte or super high coverage concealer. I would talk to someone that works at Sephora in stores to see which concealer fits best for you and that would photograph well. Hope this helps!

These products I suggested are more based on the hyperpigmentation acne leaves behind so for example like a discolored mark that’s often brown or even sometimes red or purple. 

@Animeteen What type of scars- discolorations or texture? What is your current routine? Unfortunately, scarring can take a long time to heal, but you can get started on making progress and always touch up with light makeup if needed. 

there small dark brown dots that look like indent’s on my face

@Animeteen  Quick BIC tip: remember to @ the person you reply to so they'll get a notification. Otherwise they might never see your reply. 🙂 

Sounds like you might have indented/pitted acne scars. In that case, I recommend seeing a doctor (either your primary care doctor or a board certified dermatologist), if you can, for treatment options. Ask your parent/guardian about that. Pitted scars can be stubborn. Sometimes they improve on their own, but not quickly. A doctor can diagnose your skin and recommend personalized options with realistic timeframes. 

One option your doc might recommend is a retinoid to boost collagen production and reduce the indentations/pits. You could try that on your own: check your local drugstore or (if you're in the US) Target for Differin Gel or La Roche-Posay Effaclar Adapalene Gel, both of which are 0.1% adapalene. That's a retinoid frequently recommended for acne control. But adapalene's not an overnight miracle. You'll need to start using it slowly: just once or twice a week for a few weeks, then increase to 2-3 times a week, and so on until you're at a comfy-for-you frequency. If possible, I still think you should see a doctor before trying adapalene on your own. 

Even if you didn't have pitted scars—if they were instead flat dark spots—it'd still take 4-8 weeks to see results from any over-the-counter product that treats post-inflammatory hyperpigmentation (PIH, like dark marks left by acne). These things take time. There are in-office/clinic procedures a doctor can try for quicker results, like laser therapy. It's pricey, but it's another option to discuss with a doctor. 

Thx @WinglessOne and @quspork Afro ur f help I will use thx again

If you haven't already started a base routine of gentle cleanser, moisturizer, and sunscreen, @Animeteen that might really help on your way to more targeted treatments. 

@quspork  I do that but there’s been no results 

@Animeteen Ah, that's why I asked earlier about your current routine. It would help to know what specific products you're using. And if you already have a solid routine of a gentle cleanser, moisturizer, and sunscreen then you may be ready to try something like an AHA that could help. 

@quspork  I use Florence by mills face wash cleanser and there blue light face moisturizer I’ll try aha 

Gotcha, @Animeteen! Since that cleanser contains a few different exfoliating acids, you may want to switch to a more gentle option before adding in a leave-on exfoliating treatment like AHA. You don't have to since cleansers aren't typically on the skin very long and none of the contained acids are at the top of the ingredients' list for the cleanser, but it would reduce the chance of irritation. Mandelic acid is pretty gentle so that might be an option to start with, just two or three nights a week in between cleanser and moisturizer. But keep in mind that it can take weeks to see results on scarring, even with the best products. 

5 Replies
Conversation Stats
  • 12 replies
  • 5 Hearts Given
  • 5 Contributors
testing