Get inspired, play with products & learn new skills

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Post in Acne-Prone Skin
|

Hormonal acne along jawline??

I know typically hormonal acne around the neck, jaw and chin requires an oral Medication such as spironlactone but I’m curious if anyone has found a cure for it topically?? I have tried many many many different products. I find some relief healing the acne spot more rapidly but I haven’t found a way to keep the acne spots from appearing.

Re: Hormonal acne along jawline??

yess i have hormonal acne and maskne, and my dermatologist told me to use benzoyl peroxide in morning and night routine but keep it simple. Morning: cleanser, benzoyl peroxide and a gel or mineral sunscreen (reapply 3 times a day) and the at night cleanser, benzoyl peroxide and a moisturizer, pd: be careful and use white towels bc it stains 

I had the same problem and I decided to try rose water refreshing facial mist from Heritage. This was a miracle find for me. I use it in the morning after cleansing followed by a moisturizer. Make sure it dries completely and then use the moisturizer. It calms and cleared my acne within two weeks. Just be cautious to not use it with any retinol products or any acne treatments containing benzoyl peroxide or salicylic acid. Try it and it might surprise you. Just make sure to test it before spraying the whole face to avoid any allergic reaction. 

I have cystic acne from PCOS. I tried every topical under the sun. I’m on spirnalactone with an antibiotic for a few years now and it works like a charm. I certainly wouldn’t prefer to take medication but it’s what works for me.

I have been doing tons of research. There’s an Australian biologist and naturopathic doc AND Youtuber  (search Madison Dohnt she has a ton of videos on hormonal acne and product recommendations AND a FREE handbook of supplements that are backed by science that I actually already downloaded!)  she recommended a topical for hormonal cystic acne.

It’s called Biologi Bd serum. They have a “sample” size for $18.00 and a regular size (30ml) for $98.00 so it NOT CHEAP.

But she gives scientific evidence and takes photos along her journey to show actual improvement. ME PERSONALLY, I plan to but that serum but waiting for my paycheck. N the meantime I’ve been using the Bliss Clear genius BHA AND AHA peel that has been working (Spoiler alert: it’s not reeeeeally a peel).  Good luck hun! Let me know if you have anymore questions! 

Oh wow, thank you so much for the info!! I will absolutely look into this! I’ve spent worse on products through Sephora so willing to do so if it works 😉

1 Reply
Conversation Stats
  • 5 replies
  • 7 Hearts Given
  • 5 Contributors
testing