Get inspired, play with products & learn new skills

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Post in Acne-Prone Skin
|

Hormonal acne (Acne only on chin area)

I've been struggling with acne only on my chin area. I've tried so many things but nothing seems to help! I also have really dry skin! Does anyone have any advice on what can help? I eat very clean and drink lots of water so diet is something I don't believe is causing it. I have also cut out most dairy products because I thought that was the main cause

RE: Hormonal acne (Acne only on chin area)

Definitely see a dermatologist. Differen gel (now available at Walgreens) and spironalactone helped me so much (although I can’t take spiro now that I’m pregnant). Also, maybe it’s just me but literally every type of vitamin causes me to break out so I can’t take any- especially prenatal vitamins with B12. Oh, and staying away from shellfish and iodized salt helps too. 😻

I agree with @libbyjuju, Sunday Rileys products are holy grail for acne of any severity. I use her products religiously. Especially the green line, which includes Martian, UFO and Saturn. Luna and good genes is great too. I recently had a hormonal acne flare up and I tried out a few new products. I went into my local Sephora and asked one of my favorite Sephora reps for something that will help with hormonal breakouts and she recommended Tarte's Knockout Tingling Treatment. That cleared up 80% of my acne within about 4 days, I highly recommend it. I also used Herbivore's true blue set that comes with the blue tansy mask and lapis oil. The lapis oil is great for a daytime moisturizer. For an overnight spot treatment, Kate Somervilles acne spot treatment helps any inflammation to go down. Hope I helped!

Omg me too!!! I cry all day and feel so ugly! I’m 33 how old ru?

Re: Hormonal acne (Acne only on chin area)

Love all the great advice here. Agreed, seeing a derm is a must - it'll get the ball rolling for you. I swear by Aczone as a spot treatment (get samples if you can, woohoo!), & once every few years I just have to do a round of Doxycycline. 

Zinc picolinate supplements can also help. But make sure to speak with a derm!

Thanks for all your opinions on what has helped means a lot ! I'll be sure to check some of these options out for sure !

I would try Renee Rouleau's anti-cyst treatment. I was so skeptical at first because of the price ($45 for a small bottle), but once I bought it I kicked myself for not buying it sooner. using it every other day has kept me from getting cysts during my menstrual cycle. Good luck!

RE: Re: Hormonal acne (Acne only on chin area)

Where can I get tho???

1. See a dermatologist. I needed Veltin and Aczone to get 90% cleared up. I can’t stress this enough - hormonal acne needs prescription grade treatments. 2. Sunday Riley is holy grail for me. AM: Ceramic Slip Cleanser, Martian toner, UFO oil, Kate Somerville oil-free moisturizer. PM: Ceramic Slip cleanser, Luna oil, Good Genes serum, CEO moisturizer I have oily skin, so you might try Sunday Riley’s heavier moisturizers or cleansing creams instead. GOOD LUCK!!!

See a dermatologist. The only thing that has helped me with hormonal acne is Spironolactone.

Hormonal acne sucks! I'm 32 with breast cancer. I have to take estrogen blockers. I had bad skin before. Now it is horrible. 

Sorry I'm of no use.

Hugs, Kara 🤗

I had the exact same issue! What really changed the game for me was seeing an esthetician once a month- or ever every other month. It can be costly, but it is honestly a lifesaver! Also birth control really helped control hormonal chin/jawline acne. Another thing that really helped was using the laneige water sleeping mask, it’s perfect for dry skin and kept my dry sensitive skin in check! Also I rotated this face wash by sanitas(the whole line is amazing) as suggested by my esthetician. You can’t find that at Sephora but it’s online on several different sites! I definitely suggest looking that brand up, it’s really good for dry acne prone skin!

I’m dealing with this problem lately too! I’ve started using the body shop’s tea tree oil line and also mario badescu’s buffering lotion on the big under the skin acne i’ve been getting on my jawline and i think its been helping. I also keep hearing good things about evening primrose oil supplements for acne but havent gotten any yet. Good luck!

@AliciaO47 Have you tried supplements? HUM nutrition has Moody Bird. It’s a supplement targeted towards our time of the month. I take them religiously. Along with helping symptoms of PMS like bloating and cravings. It also helps our hormonal balance, which, in turn, helps with breakouts. I’d recommend you look into them. Read the reviews and see it they can work for you. I absolutely love HUM supplements. I take 3 different ones and they are amazing! 

Conversation Stats
  • 14 replies
  • 30 Hearts Given
  • 12 Contributors
testing