Free Classes

Get inspired, play with products & learn new skills

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Post in Acne-Prone Skin
|

Hormonal Acne - tell me your holy grail products - let’s help each other!

Hi all. I would love to hear what your holy grail products are! For the last year or so, I have struggled with hormonal acne. Coming from someone who didn’t struggle with breakouts or acne until 24 I knew something was off... thanks hormones. I started developing small clumps of cystic acne on my chin. It became non stop. I have experimented with SO many different products in the last year (I am now 25). I always had clear but very dry skin which progressed into more combo skin with oily areas on my chin where my breakouts are. My favorite products are: Skincare: -kopari coconut melt to remove eye makeup -origins checks and balances cleanser in warmer months -drunk elephant beste gel cleanser in the winter and when my skin is at its best I’ve been enjoying the drunk elephant slai cleanser but wouldn’t consider either of these cleansers a holy grail -ole henriksen vitamin c serum -drunk elephant b hydra (currently removed from my routine to see if possible culprit for breakouts) - tarte maracuja oil -Dr Dennis gross extra strength pads - drunk elephant la retro whipped (amazing in winter) -Lastly, my new favorite product which has changed my skin and stopped my breakouts almost entirely: Farmacy Honeymoon glow. Masks: -origins out of trouble, origins original skin, and origins charcoal mask ( love to use as my needs change) -Summer Fridays jet lag -masks I love but am unsure about their effectiveness for the cost: glow watermelon sleep mask and glam glow firming mask Some items that haven’t worked for me: -drunk elephant tlc -drunk elephant vitamin c -drunk elephant Shaba eye cream -origins hydrating mask -drunk elephant baby facial which wreaked havoc on my hormonal breakouts -2 cleansers not sold at Sephora that I had terrible reactions to: Tula- made me itchy splotchy and textures, la rosche posay acne cleanser- cause the cystic acne about a year ago that I am still trying to fix Products I am considering trying: -farmacy honey grail -farmacy honey mask I am very interested in all things farmacy at the moment due to my new found love for honeymoon glow. Never have I ever seen such amazing and immediate results in my skin. If some of my products work for you and you suffer from the same issues as me, I would love to hear about your holy grail products as well as what works for you and doesn’t work for you. I have found it to be very hard to find the right products and was hoping this could be a good place to discuss. One blogger whose skincare products I always find work for me also is Lauren McBride. I think if you can find someone with similar skin concerns and see which products work for them, see which products you love and have in common and which don’t work for you both, it can be a great place to find some better suggestions to match your skin concerns.

RE: Hormonal Acne - tell me your holy grail products - let’s help each other!

Sunday Riley UFO oil. 5-6 drops on a mild-moderate day, and a whole dropper-full on bad breakout days.

Hormonal Acne - tell me your holy grail products - let’s help each other!

While reading your post i felt as if i was reading my life's struggle! the very same on every aspect from non ending hormonal acne to oily skin that could reflect the sunlight!!! Well thank god to Sephora it's been almost a month now that i finally found my holy grail products that vanished every tiny problem and now i admit that as i am now 30 i can say that i reached to the best level i ever did on having the best skin in my entire life .. here is my exact AM and PM ritual that i would recommend to anyone: AM: CLEANSER: Neutrogena deep clean cleanser TONER: First Aid Beauty facial pads SERUM: Truth serum by Ole Henriksen MOISTURIZER: C Rush gel cream by Ole Henriksen SPF: if am staying home or not going somewhere important i use the (Neutrogena ultra sheer in spf 60) but if am meeting up with friends or going to an important place then i use (IT Cosmetic CC cream with spf - the original) PM: CLEANSER: same as AM but if am wearing makeup i use the Garnier misceller water before the cleanser SERUM: TATCHA violet-c brightening serum MOISTURIZER: C rush gel cream by OLE HENRIK twice a week at night i use the dermaroller (0.5mm) prior to my serum application twice a week i exfoliate with DIY scrubs and clean my pores using the pore vacuum once a week i use the Indian healing clay mask in between i play with masks! and above all of that ..drink alooooot of water! hope that will help!

It’s such a struggle. Hormonal acne is the worst isn’t it. Thanks for your recommendations. I might have to test a few of them out!! I did end up trying the farmacy honey potion, honey grail, and honey drop, something about these products is incredible for my skin so I highly recommended all 3 of those plus the honeymoon glow if you ever consider adding in new products or switching things up

I have been loving a couple of items, mostly Clinique! I use the acne foaming wash first, and I also use the jelly moisturizer as well in the morning only, and I also use one of the “the ordinary” serums, read the description of them and find which one specifically targets your problem. Lastly, I personally find that a lot of acne treatments and washes tend to dry my face out, and so every other day I used s scrub from Clinique, it’s roughly 25 or 26 Canadian, and it’s in a hot pink tube but when I use it my face never feels more fresh and clean! I’ve struggled with severe acne for the past 6 years and this is finally the year my face is getting clear and I believe it’s from this routine!

I use Nizoral as a cleanser and leave it on my skin for a little to dry, but only like three minutes or else it starts to burn. It’s technically a shampoo but you can use it as body wash, face wash whatever you want and it’s cheap and you can get it at any drug store Walgreens, etc. It honestly saved my life , a lot of my little bumps disappeared. Seriously a best kept secret.

Always looking for new cleansers, will have to check the Clinique one out. Thanks for your response!!
6 Replies
Conversation Stats
  • 6 replies
  • 2 Hearts Given
  • 5 Contributors
testing