Free Classes

Get inspired, play with products & learn new skills

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Post in Acne-Prone Skin

Hormonal Acne-combo/dry skin

Hi! I’m new to using products and do not have a skin care routine. HELP. I have combo skin leans more towards dry side but oily t zone and hormonal acne on chin, lower cheeks and jaw line. 

Re: Hormonal Acne-combo/dry skin

Hello! I have the same exact skin type you do, and breakouts in the same area. 

I'm still in the progress of finding my perfect routine, but keep it simple, and gentle as possible. I've definitely overdone it before, and my skin has given me an angry response! Cleanse, moisturize, and SPF are key. 

Here's my example:

AM: Image Skincare Balancing Gel Cleanser, Naturopathica Lavender Honey Mist Toner (love!), Inkey List Hyaluronic Serum, moisturizer (currently trying Sunday Riley CEO Vitamin C moisturizer, but I especially love Naturopathica Calendula Cream for dry-combo skin), and Supergoop MatteScreen SPF. (It says "matte" but don't be scared! It isn't drying at all, and is one of the few sunscreens that won't break me out.) 

PM: OneLove Organics Enzyme Oil Cleanser (be careful- I didn't know this was exfoliating, but is still gentle and great for removing makeup- I'm a fan of the "double cleanse"), the gel cleanser above, the mist above, Inkey List Niacinamide, Youth to the People Dream Eye Cream, and Youth to the People Dream Mask. (Those last two products are my faves!!)

PM only: I am also trying Indie Lee squalane oil after cleansing, and alternating the Squalane Oil with Sunday Riley Luna Sleeping Night Oil (but I'm not sure my skin is responding well to Luna, so might discontinue.)

Few times a week: Exfoliate (I love Naturopathica Sweet Cherry Enzyme Peel, currently trying Benton PHA peeling scrub)

Once a week or so: Mask of your choice

Hope this helps! Getting regular facials helped me find products I liked, that were recommended to me by my estheticians. 

Re: Hormonal Acne-combo/dry skin

Hi @rileylover10 ! I love Kate Somerville products Kate Somerville EradiKate Daily Cleanser 4 oz/ 120 mL . Also The Ordinary Niacinamide 10% + Zinc 1% Oil Control Serum 2 oz/ 60 mL . I hope this helps! Let me know if you have any questions, have a great day �😊

Conversation Stats
  • 2 replies
  • 1 Hearts Given
  • 3 Contributors
testing