Get inspired, play with products & learn new skills

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Post in Acne-Prone Skin
|

Hormonal Acne Products

I'm in need of some products or tips to help combat hormonal acne I seem to be getting. It's generally localized to my chin and is such a pain! I feel like I haven't had "clean" skin for months now.. super frustrating!

RE: Hormonal Acne Products

I also use Clinique 3 step kit, plus Sunday Riley sulfur mask as a spot treatment. Works well for the hormonal/cystic chin acne!
Anonymous Insider

RE: Hormonal Acne Products

I have combo/acne prone skin. I use the Clinique acne three step kit and tea tree oil on my spots. I’ll still break out due to stress and hormones, but the tea tree helps with the redness and roughness of the spots while also helping them shrink faster.

Re: Hormonal Acne Products

For spot treatments I like Clinique's Acne Solutions Clearing gel. It was recommended to me by a friend who said, "makes mine disappear overnight!" My hormonal pimples, when they show up, do *not* disappear overnight, but it does speed up the process (two or three days instead of a week) and they don't hurt anymore.

I also get them far less frequently than I used to since I changed my cleansing routine. It used to happen every month, one or two painful cystic pimples guaranteed, now it happens maybe every couple months and it's usually just one minor cystic pimple. Instead of foamy stuff or heavy exfoliants I switched to balm/oil cleansers. I have mild combination skin and I think even the regular stuff was just a little too drying or harsh for me.

I swap between Clinique Take the Day Off balm (they make an oil now too, but I haven't tried it) and Tatcha's Camellia cleansing oil (smells amazing, works amazing for me at least, but definitely luxury product price). A few days a week I use Tatcha's Soothing indigo rice powder. However, they've reformulated, renamed it Calming, and I'm not sure I like the change (only had the  new jar for maybe a week).

From a dietary perspective, having too little or too much of a vitamin (even the ones you supposedly 'can never take too much of') or food type can cause cystic acne. That might be something to look into or ask your doctor/nutritionist about, if using different products doesn't solve the problem.

Re: Hormonal Acne Products

I have acne-prone skin and this is my holy grail for keeping acne at bay:

Youth To The People Superfood Gentle Antioxidant Refillable Cleanser 8 oz / 237 ml

It makes my skin feel so clean and refreshed and keeps it clear.

As an added bonus this mask can double duty help if I'm having a breakout or reaction to a new product I'm trying (I have very sensitive skin)

GLOW RECIPE - Watermelon Glow Sleeping Mask

Hope that helps! 🙂

I've heard Sunday Riley's acne-skincare line also provides very good results, but it was too intense for my sensitive skin

SUNDAY RILEY - Space Race Fight Acne, Oil + Pores at Warp Speed Kit

Conversation Stats
  • 4 replies
  • 3 Hearts Given
  • 5 Contributors
testing