Get inspired, play with products & learn new skills

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Post in Acne-Prone Skin
|

Help me please

I have the worse blackheads, white heads, blemishes, and bumps all over my face! Please help me! My skin gets dried out easily and the products I have now just seem to control it! I’m also a teenager going through puberty so there’s that. Please please please help me!

Also if you could follow/subscribe to me that would make my year!

Thank you!!!

I LOVE ALL OF YOU SO MUCH!!!💙💙💙

Re: Help me please

Are you using any products currently, @hay15?

Simplify and moisturize!!! I’ve dealt with cystic acne my whole life and every time I try to add more products to my skincare routine it breaks me out. I also agree with the other comment on seeing a dermatologist, it helped me immensely!! 

Aside from seeing a dermatologist I would stick to a simple routine:

AM: face wash + sunscreen

PM: face wash + treatment + thick non-comedogenic moisturizer 

My favorite moisturizer for acne prone skin are the First Aid Beauty Ultra Hydration and I LOVE the Summer Fridays Jetlag mask (I do once a week). I would stay away from fragranced products and anything from Clinique/Kate Somerville/Mario Badescu. 

@hay15 Hey there!  Is there an opportunity for you to see a dermatologist?  They'll be able to give a professional opinion and some options that wouldn't be available over the counter.

As a non professional who's had to deal with the same.  My advice would be to work with a simple routine.  Then add in to it as needed and tolerated.  A solid start would be a simple cleanser, Cereve and Cetaphil make good ones.  Try something that isn't too foamy to keep dryness at bay.  A good moisturizer and SPF for daytime.  I'd stick with one from one of those two brands to start as they're typically fairly priced good products.  For evening I'd swap out the SPF with an acne treatment product.  Remember that you still need to moisturize and protect your skin with SPF, and that nothing will help overnight, it always takes longer than we want it to.

3 Replies
Conversation Stats
  • 3 replies
  • 3 Hearts Given
  • 4 Contributors
testing