Get inspired, play with products & learn new skills

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Post in Acne-Prone Skin
|

Help coming up with a routine

Hey everyone! I'm so excited to be joining this. I'd love to get some help with adding a great skincare routine to my life. Currently, I have oily/dry skin (dry especially on my cheeks/eyebrow area) and a suuuuper oily nose. My skin is also is quite sensitive and almost always red. I'm also quite prone to acne and have been fighting a breakout for the last couple months. My issue is that I never know what products to use, or what order to use them in, or if it's best for day or night.. I like to have a rather simple routine, and prefer items that are cruelty free. It someone could help me out that would be awesome! Ps - I've already done the skincare routine quiz and it didn't seem exactly what I was looking for.

Re: Help coming up with a routine

Hi @JalissaM ! 
First, you’ll want a cleanser. I love Kate Somerville EradiKate Daily Cleanser 4 oz/ 120 mL . It is SUPER gentle, yet effective! 
I would suggest The Ordinary Niacinamide 10% + Zinc 1% Oil Control Serum 2 oz/ 60 mL or Herbivore Jasmine Green Tea Oil Control Toner 4 oz/ 120 mL , which are both oil balancing and acne fighting.

Moisturizer! I love SEPHORA COLLECTION All Day Hydrator - Hydrate & Glow 1.69oz/ 50mL . This has Hyaluronic Acid, which draws moisture from the air to your skin 💧

You should wear sunscreen every day Supergoop! Unseen Sunscreen SPF 40 1.7 oz/ 50 mL ☀️ 

A face mask I love is Kiehl's Since 1851 Calendula & Aloe Soothing Hydration Mask .

I hope this helps! Please let me know if you have any questions, have an amazing day! ❤️

It's best to start simply with a basic routine- cleanser, moisturizer, and sunscreen, @JalissaM. Do you know what ingredients you are sensitive to?

Simple is what I'm after, definitely! Im mostly sensitive to things like intense fragrance, citrus extracts, etc.

3 Replies
Conversation Stats
  • 3 replies
  • 1 Hearts Given
  • 3 Contributors
testing