cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Post in Acne-Prone Skin
|

Help combination skin and adult acne

HELP! 

36 year old mom of 2, never had skin issues until I had kids. 

Combination skin with extremely dry patches and super oily patches. 

Feel like I've tried everything and nothing works. 

I get maybe 2/3 "good skin" days a month. 

I don't wear make up, cleanse morning and night but I'm at a loss here and need advice on some good products that I can start a good regimen with. 

Fair skin/blonde hair/Grey eyes

Re: Help combination skin and adult acne

From Sephora, the laniege Cica sleep mask is good. But make sure u have toner, serum, ur eye cream and then moisturizer. Toner and serum I use Soko glam... 

but Cica is very good for acne and not harsh on the skin. Most gentle I would say compared to other “acne” products. 

I’ve had a similar issue and tried a variety of products that helped a little but not entirely. Well that changed when I started using  Clarins double wear serum - (day & night for the last 45 days) and my face has never looked and felt so good. My pores are tighter  and dry patches have since vanished. It’s some amazing stuff. I wish I would’ve found it a few years ago. Also in my 30’s mom of 1! 

@berlasty Hello there! I'd love to try to help you more but I want you to know sometimes hormones and even age alone can completely our hair/skin. It's perfectly normal and you created a whole new human life/lives, that's awesome and amazing! 😊I have a similar skin type to you and go through some similar ailments, can I get more detail about the products you are currently using and your daily routine for skin care? 🙂

Currently using La Roche-Posay gel cleanser for oily skin, as well as La Roche-Posay daily effaclar mat moisturizer for oily skin, and Effaclar duo for targeted acne care 

@berlasty If you current like the products you're using I would stick to that. But I'd recommend some add-ons. For your dry patches and also to "trick" your skin into not over-producing oil I recommend adding 2-3 drops of #Drunk Elephant Mini Virgin Marula Luxury Face Oil 0.5 oz/ 15 mL to your moisturizer daily. This really helps keep my skin balanced and at bay and has been a game changer. Seems counterintuitive to use an oil on oily skin but I promise there's a method to the madness. Overly dry skin (which can be evident when we show those dry patches) then over produces oil in order to combat the dryness which can lead to breakouts. Not to mention, this will greatly help with your dry pathches. 

For sporadic breakouts or when you feel something coming on I recommend OLEHENRIKSEN Balancing Force™ Oil Control Toner 6.5 oz/ 193 mL as a spot treatment and/or toner. This has been a huge staple in my oily skin care routine, it's intense but it really works. Try first as a spot treatment by placing directly on the breakout areas for a few seconds. I also love using this on a cotton round and using it as an all over toner after I cleanse, you'd be surprised how much stuff is missed by most cleansers which will appear on the cotton round with this product. Overall great stuff. 

Another secret treasure for problem areas that pop up oil absorbing face stickers that "suck out" the impurities of a problem area. There's some from Peace Out available on Sephora, ZitSticka micro needle from ULTA and also some great affordable brands on amazon. 

Another great product would be a hydrating and nourishing mask that helps with the dry patches I recommend Origins Hello Calm™ Relaxing & Hydrating Face Mask with Hemp Seed Oil 2.5 oz/ 75 mL or Farmacy Honey Potion Renewing Antioxidant Hydration Mask and Farmacy Coconut Gel Sheet Mask - Hydrating 0.78 oz/ 23 mL 

Hope this helps 🙂

16409085507653617010808752139667.jpg

16409085743296533647245973688381.jpg

Conversation Stats
  • 6 replies
  • 2 Hearts Given
  • 4 Contributors
Photos2
  • 16409085507653617010808752139667.jpg
  • 16409085743296533647245973688381.jpg
testing