Your Basket is Empty
Sign in to see items you may have added previously.
See samples, rewards and promotions in .

Item Added to Basket

Free Shipping!

You're only $50.00 away from Free Shipping.

Post in Acne-Prone Skin

Has anyone used the Clarasonic brush or the Nu Brilliance for acne?

I'm 24 and still breaking out all the time. I have tried EVERYTHING!

Thank you so much! Also Purity... does it have oil in it? I have oily skin and stay away from oil in wash and lotion.

I love the clarisonic, it's amazinggggg! :) I highly high...

I love the clarisonic, it's amazinggggg! Smiley Happy I highly highlyy recommend it. As longg as you aren't a smoker, it only work once i quit but it's been a while now so go for it

Ive had the clarisonic for a year now. I stopped using it...

Ive had the clarisonic for a year now. I stopped using it a while ago because it was actually making me break out. Aside from that, it did make my skin much firmer and I had a healthy glow. But honestly, its not worth breaking out for. Im sure I cant be the only one. And Purity is the WORST...stay away from it if you have sensitive skin. 

Re: Ive had the clarisonic for a year now. I stopped using it...

You do have to CLEAN the brushes. Not just soap and water try vinegar and water. I don't even have a clarisonic but I am a nurse and work at people's homes with kids so we have to safely disinfect things all the time. White vinegar and water. Gets stuff really clean and is then safe for use on skin.

Re: Ive had the clarisonic for a year now. I stopped using it...

I'm having the same problem! I love how soft it makes my skin feel but I've been breaking out again since I bought it! So not worth it. And you are so right about purity for sensitive skin. Smiley Happy

I use the Clarisonic brush DAILY and I LOVE it! I even bo...

I use the Clarisonic brush DAILY and I LOVE it! I even bought one for each of my daughters! It is easy to use and the charge last about 3 days. You can use any cleanser with it and you will be amazed at how much better your skin care products go on and absorb into your skin! I HIGHLY recommend the Clarisonic! I can't imagine my skin care routine without it!

the clarisonic is awesome, in fact today on qvc they are...

the clarisonic is awesome, in fact today on qvc they are offering a deal , with philosophy products and easy pay. i love the clarisonic it does clean my face well, and you can even use it with a serum, and in the shower.  purity is awesome.  hope this helps

The Clairsonic worked for me. ( I have the Mia). The acne...

The Clairsonic worked for me. ( I have the Mia). The acne I get is what I think of as "subterranean". I don't get cysts or white heads, but black heads and bumps that never fully come to the surface. The Clairsonic worked to smooth out my skin texture and get rid of a lot of these bumps--and I've only been using it for two weeks. I've used it with the cleanser that comes with it, Korres 3 in 1 Milk Proteins Emulsion and with a seaweed exfoliating scrub and it worked well with all of them. I just redeemed my skincare challenge bonus for Purity by Philosophy and I can't wait to try it, as so many people have had great luck with the Clairsonic and Purity combo.

I LOVE my Clarisonic. It has absolutely changed my skin a...

I LOVE my Clarisonic. It has absolutely changed my skin and to be honest I have become completely obsessed with it (I use it morning and night). When I was younger I got cystic acne, really bad. My mom bought me the Clarisonic when I was 18 and I swear my skin has changed dramatically. I know the clarisonic doesn't claim to get rid of acne but it sure did for me! I think it helped with my skin and helped with my acne because the clarisonic gets your skin spotless and gets ALL your makeup off that a wash cloth and your hands just cant do. I am now 21 and I love my clarisonic more than ever. I went from breaking out all the time when I was 18, to breaking out once every month. 

I also use a few different products with my clarisonic and here they are... 

-I use the 9!! kit from Kate Somerville which is made for acne prone skin and Oh My Gosh! This kit is absolutely amazing. Like I said before I use to get (and rarely now get) cystic acne. I have never found products that will work for cystic acne UNTIL I tried Kate's 9!! kit, it is absolutely amazing. It is expensive but WOW does it work. 

-Purity Made Simple by Philosphy. I use this face wash every night to take my eye makeup and my face makeup off. It is so gentle yet so effective. I have been using this product for years. 

-Philosophy's Micrdoelivery exfoliating face wash. This I use every morning and it is a super gentle exfoliating wash that is gentle enough to use with my clarisonic and this just gets my face prepped for my makeup and it makes my skin feel amazing. 

All these products have transformed skin. The Clarisonic is worth every penny and is honestly amazing. I own the Clarisonic Plus, Mia and the original Clarisonic. All are amazing! I have not tried Nu Brilliance so I can't help there (sorry!) but hopefully the rest of my answer helps you! Good luck! 

Clarisonic is a great product  it is definitely part of my routine. I did find that using purity made simpe by philosophy (wet your face and work it in watch your makeup melt away) and wiping it off with a wet cleansing pad until there is no more signs of makeup made a major difference in my breakouts. The key is that you have to make sure that every piece of makeup is off for your pores not to get clogged especially if you use bronzing powder. I hope this works for you.Smiley Happy

I have a Clarasonic. I don't use it for acne but i do use...

I have a Clarasonic. I don't use it for acne but i do use it to help treat my Keratosis Pilaris, and i love it! i have been using it for years (I'm 23 now) but i have more sensitive skin and it works really well even though i have sensitive skin. i love the way it makes my skin feel and i notice when i don't use it as often as i should i do notice little break outs happen. Good luck! hope you find something that works for you! 

10 Replies
Conversation Stats
  • 10 replies
  • 1 Hearts Given
  • 11 Contributors