Free Classes

Get inspired, play with products & learn new skills

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Post in Acne-Prone Skin
|

Has anyone had any luck using drunk elephant products to help with acne? For dry sensitive acne prone skin

Ive had problems with acne for a long time and have lots of acne scars so I'm looking for something to help with clogged pores and to even out my skin tone from acne scarring, someone please help me build a routine even if it's not drunk elephant, that's just what I've been looking into

Re: Has anyone had any luck using drunk elephant products to help with acne? For dry sensitive acne prone skin

Drunk Elephant caused me to break out horribly when I was trying it as a solution for acne. I HIGHLY recommend the Caudalie skincare line. They have solutions for all skin types and it is made for sensitive skin, so everything is non-irritating and works if you are prone to acne (the LAST thing you want to do is irritate your skin if you are trying to clear it up!). I use the SOS thirst quench serum which is really soothing and helps add moisture and reduce redness; the moisturizing mattifying fluid is nice to use before makeup; the brightening essence contains AHA's to very gently exfoliate and remove dead skin and sebum; the oil cleanser actually helps reduce oil in your skin and has been so incredible. All of Caudalie's products are so on point and so nice for acne-prone skin. 

RE: Has anyone had any luck using drunk elephant products to help with acne? For dry sensitive acne prone skin

I’ve been using DE for about 6 weeks and have noticed a huge difference. Better texture, even skin tone, and less prone to break outs. For me it’s been worth the investment. I started with the smaller sets to test it and once I realized it was working I bought the larger bottles.

Re: Has anyone had any luck using drunk elephant products to help with acne? For dry sensitive acne prone skin

Honestly, I've tried DE for acne issues and it did absolutely nothing. If anything, my texture got worse after using a couple of their products for a couple months. However, everyone is different. I have heard some people use DE with a lot of success for acne and even for fine lines. Good luck!

RE: Re: Has anyone had any luck using drunk elephant products to help with acne? For dry sensitive acne prone skin

Do you have any other brands/products you would recommend to help with acne?

I would love to see answers to your questions because we...

I would love to see answers to your questions because we have the same skin type. I tried drunk elephant and it totally confused me. overall my skin looked better because it was more hydrated and the consistency of the products gives a nice glow however I was also noticing more acne. I felt like some products were working to clear me up and others were working against them. i returned the c firma and the marula oil because I was sure those weren't working. the only products I'm using now are TLC and LALA retro. I have less new acne but my existing ones are taking forever to heal. I'm still searching for products that will work for me. the struggle is real.
Conversation Stats
  • 5 replies
  • 6 Hearts Given
  • 5 Contributors
testing