Get inspired, play with products & learn new skills

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Post in Acne-Prone Skin
|

HELPPPPP

Heeey, I'm hoping to get some suggestions (if you're using or have used trentinoin with clindamycin, I would DEFINITELY like your recommendations), I've recently been put on a prescription for acne, it's clindamycin with trentinoin combined, I don't know what cleanser/ moisturizer/ and SPF to use that won't irritate my current acne and works well in conjunction with the topical clindamycin and trentinoin gel.

Any suggestions / recommendations would be sooooo appreciated!  ☺️

Re: HELPPPPP

This is a struggle I feel it so much! I use that combo as well. It’s so drying My skin type is dry acne sensitve 

first for double cleansing I use ordinary squalane cleanser to remove makeup and then second  la roche posay hydrating cleanser or glow recipe blueberry bounce cleanser 

Inkey list hylauronic acid serum

Glow recipe watermelon pink juice moisturizer  (clean but not hydrating enough)

belif aqua bomb cream under makeup

first aid beauty ulta repair moisturizer for night 

spf I’m still on the hunt 

closest to not irritate is glow recipe watermelon niacinamide spf (pat it in so it doesn’t pill)

primer 

it cosmetics hydrate primer doesn’t give me any issues for acne and makes my

makeup look nice

foundation

fenty pro filtr clean and acne safe and covers acne well if built up on those areas

powder

hour glass translucent 

or Charlotte tilbury translucent finish powder in compact

concealer I haven’t found too much of a clean one that covers and looks good

nars matte pot for brows and coverage but can be drying

Mac Pro concealer for under eyes

Setting spray 

love too faced 3in1 hydrating pray 

if you want some glow underneath makeup or alone Charlotte tilbury filter works wonders

when I don’t want to wear makeup but want some coverage and spf I use it cosmetics cc cream but that can irritate some ppl luckily works well with me just the colors are hard to match

good luck!

My teenage son is on Tazorac and Clindamycin, and he likes the Sunday Riley Tidal Brightening Enzyme Water Cream 1.7 oz/ 50 g with them. It doesn't smell like flowers, doesn't make him greasy, and seems to help lighten some acne scars.

Oh, the word water cream alone sounds soothing, thank you! Can I ask what he uses for his cleanser??

@MCXOXO he uses the pink Dove soap for sensitive skin.

4 Replies
Conversation Stats
  • 4 replies
  • 5 Hearts Given
  • 3 Contributors
testing