Get inspired, play with products & learn new skills

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Post in Acne-Prone Skin
|

HELP FOR MY HORMONAL ACNE

Hi guys I really need help So I normally can control my breakouts and get small pimples from my combo leaning oily skin. However, I've been getting more intense hormonal acne on my cheeks, jawline and chin. Do you guys have any recommendations on how to treat it? I normally do masking and use pimple patches but it's not effective nowadays probably due to stress and lack of sleep that is affecting my skin. Any great spot treatments or serum to deal with my breakouts??

RE: HELP FOR MY HORMONAL ACNE

Go to your gynecologist. Have bloodwork done to narrow it down because he/she may just put you on birth control pills and depending on your desire to have children in the near future... it’s not the last resort for hormonal. A dermatologist may give you antibiotics. Don’t agree to Acutane. You’re still young.. I am 32 and have been struggling since 25 and years of just trial and error with random harsh products left me with pretty damaged skin which makes it difficult for it to naturally repair itself in my scarred areas. Dermalogica products worked well for me for nearly two years. Recently my skin has become used to these products and my breakouts became constant. I have switched to the Peter Thomas Roth line and its going very well for now... But go see a doctor as soon as you can. That way you avoid scarring as early as possible.

RE: HELP FOR MY HORMONAL ACNE

I’ve been going through the same thing! I bought the murad 30 day acne Kit and wow I noticed a difference in the first few days! It’s only 29 comes with I think 4-5 decent sized items. I definitely recommend it! Good luck ❤️

Re: HELP FOR MY HORMONAL ACNE

The first thing I'd do is talk to your GYN about it.  Sometimes controlling things at the root is a better option than trying to fix them after they start.  Good luck!

3 Replies
Conversation Stats
  • 3 replies
  • 8 Hearts Given
  • 4 Contributors
testing