Get inspired, play with products & learn new skills

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Post in Acne-Prone Skin
|

Good skincare routines for acne?

Can anyone suggest some good skincare routines? I've tried almost everything and it seems like nothing has helped. I even tried DermaDrinkables and they almost make my acne worse? Anyways if anyone has a life-changing or effective routine I could use some help haha, I've been breaking out a lot recently too.

RE: Good skincare routines for acne?

My skin is combination, acne prone and sensitive. I grew up trying so many different products and it seemed like nothing would work until I finally found what works for me personally. I hope it can work for you too. Here is my nighttime routine: 1. Wash. I always use fresh Soy Face Cleanser 2. Exfoliate. I like boscia Exfoliating Peel Gel or Dr. Dennis Gross Alpha Beta Daily Peel (Extra Strength) 3. Treatment. I apply Kate Somerville EradiKate acne treatment directly to any large noticeable pimples before going to bed and I leave it on overnight 4. Hydrate. I apply a thin layer of Laneige Water Sleeping Mask to any dry areas on my face and leave on overnight. (I only do this a couple times a week. When I do, I don’t follow Step #5) 5. Moisturize. I use Tatcha Water Cream and Olehenriksen Banana Bright Eye Cream 6. Hydrate lips. You gotta take care of your lips too! I use Laneige Lip Sleeping Mask and leave on overnight

RE: Re: Good skincare routines for acne?

Re: Good skincare routines for acne?

Depending on what kind of acne you get, my current stuff has been REALLY helpful for my cystic acne. I have oily, sensitive skin and I'm super duper breakout prone. I'm gonna list my morning stuff in the order I put it on my face, and then mention stuff I use only at night.

Currently, I'm using a sunscreen from japan off of amazon, the Nivea Sun Protect Super Water Gel. It's SPF 50, it's full spectrum, and sinks in like a gel moisturizer and has no white cast, which to me is a huge success cause most sunscreens feel like goop on your face rather than another step in the routine.

I also use some K-beauty that's been really good and I've repurchased it like 4-5 times already.

I have CosRX Galactomyces 95 Tone Balancing Essence, which is around $20 on Ulta's website and on amazon for usually more like 15. It's also a close dupe for the SK-II essence that's like a ridiculous amount of money. It's helped a lot with redness and softening my face especially in areas that had lots of scarring.

I also have the CosRX snail mucin, officially called Advanced Snail 96 Mucin Power Essence and it's sooooo gooodddd I literally would never have put snail goo on my face unless my friend had given me a little bit, but this stuff made my oily skin so happy it's a really plush texture and feels so nice. Has really helped with inflamed areas too but it's so moisturizing I've been using this morning and night for like, two years. It's around the same price.

The CosRX centella cream is also good, it's got tea tree oil and an asian herb that does similar stuff for acne called centella most people in the US aren't really familiar with. I bought it on a whim cause I liked the brand's other stuff and I was breaking out super bad from stress and a change in makeup. It actually helped a ton! I use it more like a spot treatment, or just for bad areas, rather than my whole face since it has a little bit of a white cast before you rub it in fully and it's kind of a small container.

These are the main things that have been really helpful on my oily sensitive skin, I have more steps but these are the holy grails right now!

@stcphaniee I definitely have a recommendation for you.  I've got mild acne and I'm oily.  I was using the Clinique acne line but wanted to get away from the alcohol and one of my favorite products was discontinued.  First I tried the Ole Henriksen Balance line which is for oil control.  Broke me out terribly!  Then I tried something else and saw the light!

Paula's Choice CLEAR line has been amazing for me. Cleared up my face in 3 days and while I still get the occasional pimple, it's way less than before.  I have mild acne, so take that into account.  Maybe 3 or 4 pimples on my face at a time.  These products are super reasonably priced as well.  There's a full size set of the cleanser, exfoliant and benzoyl peroxide treatment on her site for $48 for all three.

It's all here: https://www.paulaschoiceDOTcom/skin-concerns/acne

There's a travel size set for $13 that's prime on Amazon.  It lasted me about 2 weeks.  I ordered it there because paying for shipping on the Paula's Choice site on $13 would have been ridiculous.

I cannot recommend this highly enough.  Only thing to be wary of is that I've read it can dry out your skin.  If you're not oily, you will probably need a separate moisturizer.

Hi there @stcphaniee,

We recently launched a new booster serum which tackles the bacteria that causes breakouts and acne called DERMALOGICA - Breakout Clearing Booster

We hold the patent on the technology in here which has been proven to eliminate the breakout-causing bacteria within 15 minutes of application! It is also soothing to inflammation around the breakout while hydrates the skin in the area. 

We hope you find this helpful! 

5 Replies
Conversation Stats
  • 5 replies
  • 3 Hearts Given
  • 6 Contributors
testing