Free Classes

Get inspired, play with products & learn new skills

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Post in Acne-Prone Skin
|

Good moisturizers for acne prone skin? Help!

In desperate need of a moisturizer that won’t leave me feeling oily or clog my pores, I’ve stopped using them for now as I’m scared of making my acne worse.. I know I need moisturizer but I’m sick of wasting my money on them just to feel like they’re making my skin worse then having a million expired moisturizers sitting around that I’m scared to try again..  

Re: Good moisturizers for acne prone skin? Help!

@Jaerae1  If you haven't found a moisturizer yet (I just noticed your thread's a month old): I assume your skin behaves oily most or all of the time? 

Morning: Try using your sunscreen as a moisturizer. You do apply sunscreen (at least SPF 30) each day, right? All year long? Regardless of weather or season? Most of the year, I use my daily moisturizer beneath my sunscreen. But now that the weather's dipping in and out of summertime heat, I skip moisturizer and just rely on a sunscreen that contains at least one good moisturizing ingredient like shea butter or dimethicone. 

Evening: When I don't use my usual daily moisturizer (which I won't recommend because it's squalane-based and might make you feel oilier), I use Paula's Choice CLEAR Oil-Free Moisturizer 2 oz/ 60 mL . Or sometimes I use a fragrance-free body lotion, usually Aveeno Daily Moisturizing Body Lotion or the baby version (Aveeno Baby Daily Moisture Lotion, which has the exact same ingredients plus skin-soothing allantoin). For me, they're not heavyweight lotions. You could also try CeraVe PM Facial Moisturizing Lotion or CeraVe Daily Moisturizing Lotion; they contain several of the same ingredients, but the PM Facial Lotion contains niacinamide which may help reduce oil production, among many other things. 

If you haven't found a solution yet, I hope you do soon! 

Re: Good moisturizers for acne prone skin? Help!

Hi! I also have acne prone skin, and I have a few favorite moisturizers. From the drugstore or Walmart, I would recommend the CeraVe Daily Moisturizing Lotion. It's very lightweight, but it's important that you use the lotion, not the cream, because the cream is quite a but heavier. From here at Sephora, I really have been loving the Rose and Hyaluronic cream from fresh. Its a bit heavier, but works great at night and hasn't clogged my pores at all. My last recommendation is the Laneige Water Bank Moisturizer. It does leave a silkier texture to the skin, but I would just use small amounts, as a little goes a very long way.

Conversation Stats
  • 2 replies
  • 2 Hearts Given
  • 3 Contributors
testing