Free Classes

Get inspired, play with products & learn new skills

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Post in Acne-Prone Skin
|

Good exfoliator and moisteriser for acne?

My acne is very deep on my cheeks and need an exfoliator that isnt going to irritate or spread my acne 

and i need a light maybe a water based moisteriser as well but i dont know whats going to clog my pores or not

can anyone help? thanks xx

Re: Good exfoliator and moisteriser for acne?

If you have deep acne on your cheeks, your best course of action is to see a dermatologist.  A good skincare routine—even a stellar one—is only going to have mild superficial success on severe acne.  It's important to keep the pores' surface cleared of dead skin and oil, it's beneficial to use a mild antibacterial toner/cleanser to keep from spreading pore-clogging bacteria around your face, and it's even more important to give skin enough moisture and good oil.  But all of that's going to have minimal effect on deep acne.

Perhaps instead of a more abrasive exfoliator, try a charcoal mask, a mild lathering water-based cleanser, an antibacterial toner, and an ultra-hydrating moisturizer. I wouldn't be afraid of trying a moisturizer with some oil included.  Most descriptions of moisturizers will let you know if was formulated for oily skin as well.

Re: Good exfoliator and moisteriser for acne?

Hi Ninzzo, 

I suggest Josie Maran's Argan Exfoliating Cleansing Powder. This is a gentle yet effective daily exfoliator that brightens and smooths the skin. 

For a moisturizer I suggest Murad's Skin Perfecting Lotion. This lotion minimizes pores and leaves the skin more soft and even. It also helps reduce redness. I suggest getting a sample of these items to see how your skin likes them. I hope this helps! 

Best Wishes,

Janean

2 Replies
Conversation Stats
  • 2 replies
  • 1 Hearts Given
  • 3 Contributors
testing