Get inspired, play with products & learn new skills

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Post in Acne-Prone Skin
|

Glow Recipe

I’ve been looking at the Glow Recipe Watermelon products, and I was wondering if I should try it. So if anyone had tried please tell me if it works or if it would break me out worse??

Re: Glow Recipe

I tried a set that had the watermelon moisturizer and the sleeping mask and was not a fan. They were very heavily scented, almost sickly and overly sweet to me, and I don't think my skin (sensitive and oily) liked the heavy fragrance. I felt like the moisturizer was sticky and my skin produced way more oil than before making my makeup breakup quicker. I would recommend the Belief Moisture Bomb (not the aqua bomb). It is super moisturizing but absorbs well and my skin has never broken out with any of the Belief products (even though they are fragranced). Also worked great under makeup and my skin produces less oil. 

@lexigthompson I tried a gift set around christmas time of the sleeping mask, as well as the moisturizer. I honestly did not like them. The sleeping mask feels heavy & sticky on my skin. When I wash it off in the morning, I feel it's done nothing for me. The moisturizer also didn't work for me. It didn't absorb into my skin, and stayed sticky. It would make my makeup not sit properly on my face. However, this is just my skin. A lot of people swear by it. Didn't work for me though.

I do LOVE the LANEIGE - Water Sleeping MaskIt's a great price point, and I definitely notice a difference in the morning with this one! I use the lavender scented one, and it's so lovely! 

Out of all the Glow Recipe products, I have tried GLOW RECIPE - Watermelon + AHA Glow Sleeping MaskGLOW RECIPE - Watermelon Pink Juice Oil-Free Moisturizer, Glow Recipe Blueberry Bounce Gentle Cleanser 5.41 oz/ 160 mL! What drew me to this brand is the packaging! It is so pretty and the bottles and containers are very sturdy and are very professional looking. I wish they made bigger sizes of the moisturizer because I finished it within a month, if not a bit more. The smells are not that strong so if you are sensitive to scents, I think this will be fine for you and you won't have a problem with it. I find each product moisturizing and does not dry out my skin at all. I have dry combination skin, and I found that it moisturized my skin, but I still needed to add Tatcha The Dewy Skin Cream Plumping & Hydrating Moisturizer 1.7 oz / 50 mL, to have the hydration that my skin needed. I recommend it if you have simple skin care routine and don't really use toner, and if you have combination skin. 

Conversation Stats
  • 3 replies
  • 0 Hearts Given
  • 4 Contributors
testing