cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Post in Acne-Prone Skin
|
Anonymous Insider

Getting Rid of The Acne.... Not Covering it Up

There are plenty of ways to cover up acne, which I am a master in all since I have put up with acne all of my life. I have combination skin, oily in the "T zone" and dry everywhere else. I have very stubborn acne, and I have only found ONE solution that has gotten rid of almost all of it! I use Noxema face wash and the Noxema anti-blemish facial pads. These products have work wonders!! What is your acne story and what has helped? I could still use some tips considering I do still get the occasional blemish.

RE: Getting Rid of The Acne.... Not Covering it Up

I've had acne that's been varying degrees of awful to bad for most of my life. I felt like I tried every single product on the shelves - some things worked for a short time but my acne seemed to just come back with a vengeance after a while. I've never been very good at covering it either since it's the hormonal painful kind. Last year I decided to finally try seeing a dermatologist. She put me on spironalactone and after a few months my skin totally cleared up. This was life changing - not hating my face is so new! The only things left are occasional breakouts and the discoloration from years of past ones. I've been using CeraVe cleanser and moisturizer from the drugstore and I stock up on the Lancer face polish when I can afford it. Lately I've been trying Sunday Riley UFO facial oil and I think it's already starting to help my discoloration! That's it - all I've been using. It's so nice having the spironolactone [daily pill] that helps me keep everything else really simple.
Anonymous Insider

I have never had acne issues up until about the last 3 ye...

I have never had acne issues up until about the last 3 years. Stubborn, deep, sometimes painful and devastating to say the least. I have spent a ton of money on high end, expensive skin care products with minimal results to no result. Within the last month I decided to go the korean skincare route and let me tell ya, what a difference! My skin has cleared so much i can actually leave the house with just a BB cream now and feel comfortable. There are many products out there that are fantastic both inexpensive and higher cost. For me the ones that have been working are skinfoods line found at Ulta. My entire routine is as follows (some non Korean brands) Morning-cleanse with skinfoods rice foaming scrub (this stuff is awesome and u need minimal amount) Tone next with the peach toner, serum also their peach line, next either i use Peter Thomas Roths clearing gel or philosophy's spot treatment, then skinfoods peach emulsion. Night i remove makeup with Algenist Genius Melt Off Cleanser, face wash with salicylic acid, twice a week Dr Jarts Milk Peel (says stay on for 1 min but i keep it on for 5. Its gentle.) Wash off and repeat toner and serum then philosophy's help me (great product) followed by either the peach emulsion by skinfood or Dr Jarts ceramidin cream dependant on how much moisture my skin needs.Hope this helps a little.
2 Replies
Conversation Stats
  • 2 replies
  • 3 Hearts Given
  • 3 Contributors
testing