Get inspired, play with products & learn new skills

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Post in Acne-Prone Skin
|

Get RID of Acne!

Okay, I am so done with this acne. I don't want it anymore! It's embarrassing and I just can't seem to figure out how to get rid of it. Blackheads, acne, pores... idk I feel gross and I want to better myself for me. Anyone have success stories and tips for what to use that works great?? 

Re: Get RID of Acne!

If you aren’t able to see a dermatologist there are some tricks you can do at home to help. I bought a satin pillowcase for my skin and it helps with your hair. Because it’s not cotton, it doesn’t latch on roughing your skin or breaking the hair. Drinking lots of water. It releases the toxins from your body, which reflects in your skin. I have oily hair, do tying it back helped the acne on the sides. I did use peace out acne patches from Sephora and they were quite helpful. It stopped me from picking at my acne and you can use them to cover the redness without makeup. Lastly, sometimes you may just be using too many products. Maybe get rid of one or two to see if you notice a difference. Hope this helped!! Peace Out Salicylic Acid Acne Healing Dots 

I struggle with cystic acne and bad black heads. I’ve been using the combo of Farmacy Mini Deep Sweep 2% BHA Pore Cleaning Toner with Moringa + Papaya 1.7 / 50  & the Youth To The People Kale + Green Tea Spinach Vitamins Superfood Cleanser. The results are amazing. I still suffer from my acne but this combo has worked wonders for me. I also recommend trying “Snail Mucin” and the “Dermalogica daily mircrofoliant” about 2-3 times a week. I’ve tested so many products and have been to the dermatologist, and I get the same response everytime I go. I’ve also been consuming a lot more water which is also known for being great for your skin! I hope this helps. All the best

See dermatologist or family MD. Prescription products will always be more effective then beauty products ( retinol like Differin works wonders, clindoxyl etc). Use beauty products for cleansers and creams or masks ( clay masks to clean skin). But they work in adjunct with prescription products). Otherwise your just going to spend $$$$$ trying products that work for a few weeks

What I did to get rid of my acne was put warm water (not really hot, warm tap water) and about a teaspoon of sea salt in a small spray bottle. After your skincare routine, before the moisturizer, spray the mixture on your face. It dries out your pores, (but then you use moisturizer don’t worry, lol) The only downside is that you have to re-make the mixture every time you do it. I still recommend it though. Hope this helps!

If you have acne, I would recommend you to try to use the ordinary niacinamide serum, It helps with acne and to get rid of dark spots.

@felineBlade If you are able, seeing a dermatologist to get a proper diagnosis and any prescriptions necessary would be the best place to start. But aside from that, if you tell us your skin type and what products you are currently using, then we may be able to offer suggestions. 

I am fairly certain I have a combination skin type, but I am not exactly sure. I think I lean more toward the oily side some days then others I just dry right up. Right now I am using WitchHazel + Rosewater tonic. It helps smooth out my skin where there is no acne, but does nothing for the acne itself.. i haven't actually found anything that works yet- except for my great Aunts tonic, but idk what she put in it. Yeah, I hope that helps? 

@felineBlade I'm actually not a huge fan of witch hazel since it tends to dry out my skin, but if it works for you then that's great. You didn't mention any cleanser or moisturizer though? Is the witch hazel the only product you're using? If so, I'd start with cleanser, moisturizer, and sunscreen (for when you're out). Then you can add in a treatment for the acne. I'll also caveat with it's always best to move slowly when starting new products--- leave about two weeks after starting a new product before moving on to the next so you can check for any negative reactions. 

Here some options for products to consider:

cleanser- philosophy Purity Made Simple CleanserYouth To The People Superfood Gentle Antioxidant Refillable Cleanserfresh Soy Hydrating Gentle Face CleanserFirst Aid Beauty Pure Skin Face Cleanser 

moisturizer- belif The True Cream Aqua Bomb, Caudalie Vinosource-Hydra Moisturizing Sorbet 1.3 oz/ 40 mL, CosRx Oil-Free Moisturizing Lotion, Etude House Moistfull Collagen Emulsion, Benton Snail Bee Steam Cream, Kate Somerville Goat Milk Moisturizing Cream 1.7 oz/ 50 mL 

sunscreen- MDSolarSciences 50 mineral creme, Supergoop! Unseen Sunscreen SPF 40COOLA Mineral Sun Silk Crème SPF 30 1.5 oz/ 44 mL 

And when you're ready to add in an acne treatment, I'd maybe start with a BHA two or three nights a week. Here are a few to consider for that:

CosRx Blackhead Power Liquid, SEPHORA COLLECTION Clarifying Peel Pads 60 Pads, Paula's Choice BHA 2%

I would try some “the ordinary” serums/ cleansers, i have bad acne and blackheads too and those improve my skin so much! check it out! 🤩 

2 Replies
Conversation Stats
  • 9 replies
  • 16 Hearts Given
  • 8 Contributors
testing