Get inspired, play with products & learn new skills

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Post in Acne-Prone Skin
|

Foundation

can anyone find a foundation that doesn't feel heavy or cakey on the face but still covers acne like a dream tysm

RE: Foundation

The elf foundation in the foggy glass bottle is amazing!! It has a good medium coverage but can be built up to full and it doesn't look Cakey and it wears like a dream through the day. It literally looks like matt silk on the face. Plus it's only 6 bucks!!!!

Re: Foundation

If you have access to K-Beauty, I recommend Clio Kill Cover Foundation. 

It won out my love for EL Double Wear and Lancome Teint Miracle! 

But everyone's skin is different, so I'd recommend you try out these other easily accessible foundations first, as a sample. 

Definitely check out KVD. her stuff is amazing and I stopped using concealer with it. I have cystic acne scars and deep dark under eye circle and it really hides them all. Hope this helps!

I use the Estee Lauder double wear stay all day foundation. It does not transfer or look cakey, and when it is time to remove the makeup I just use a regular micellar water then wash my face. I would suggest using a makeup remover or the double cleansing method. It is an amazing foundation but it stays on so good if you do not remove it well some could get left behind and clog pores. It is a medium to full coverage and is build-able so if you have any scaring or trouble spots you can build to cover those.  

I am really loving Bare Minerals powder foundation. The coverage is very natural and buildable plus it doesn't break me out. My face reacts to almost all oils so every other liquid foundation is out but I don't think I'd go back to be honest as Bare Minerals has the best finish I've tried. If your face is acne prone this is absolutely worth a try - you don't want to make the issue worse while you cover up!

Re: RE: Foundation

I tried the bare minerals powder foundation years ago, but ended up giving up on it because the coverage wasn't full enough to disguise my acne. How do you apply it?

Try Nars all day luminous! It has awesome coverage but thin formula.

Maybe get a sample of Armani Power Fabric? It has a very lightweight texture but good coverage.

Anonymous Insider

I have acne scars on my cheeks and they're pretty dark. I use Kat Von D's Lock-It Foundation with her primer and it covers them all up. I literally go all day without even feeling my foundation. It doesn't look/feel cakey, yet it provides full coverage over my acne scars.
Conversation Stats
  • 9 replies
  • 14 Hearts Given
  • 10 Contributors
testing