Get inspired, play with products & learn new skills

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Post in Acne-Prone Skin
|

Foreign brands for acne?

I will be going to England and France in the summer and I wanted to know what are good skin care brands for acne I could pick up overseas? I know Boots was from the U.K. I just want to take advantage of products that cannot be found in the United States. I have combination skin during the summer and dry skin in the winter. Any suggestions are welcome!

The Asian market have a ton of beauty products not sold i...

The Asian market have a ton of beauty products not sold in the USA. First of all they have so many sunscreens to choose from. Each brand and each line has a sunscreen formula. Nearly all brands make at least one whitening/brightening line as well. All the popular western brands such as ester lauder, Chanel, lancome all have brightening whitening lines there. They definitely have a better selection of skin care formulas. For example clinique in the us market only sell toners 1,2,3,4 and sensitive whereas asia sell an additional 4 tones 1,2,3,4 no alcohol versions. Also Dior, in the us market they only sell cleansers and toners based on skin type (dry oily etc) but in Asia they also sell cleansers and toners in each aging category. So Dior hydra life will have its own cleanser and toner. Capture line will also have it's own cleanser and toner. Many many choices.

Europe also has a fraction of what Asia sells so be sure to keep an eye out on the mentioned items. 🙂

They also have better makeup colors selection. For instance I've noticed that Dior often release 2 or 3 shades of a certain limited edition item. They label them 001,002,003. Often times they will only sell one of the three in USA but you can buy them all in Asia. They also rarely give exclusive rights to one store so its much more convenient to buy what you want from any counter/ store.

If you are near one of our Sephora stores in France, I hi...

If you are near one of our Sephora stores in France, I highly recommend stopping by for a consultation. Sephora France (www.sephora.fr)  has some great exclusive brands.  Also I noticed quite a few brands available in the U.S. have products that aren't so those might be worth checking out too.  Have a great trip and let us know which ones you love! 🙂

I wish I knew of some brands that were a must try.   Alth...

I wish I knew of some brands that were a must try.

Although to help narrow the list down, you could always e-mail contact UK and French department stores (that carry beauty items) and ask.  Some brands may have their own separate/individual boutiques.  Might also find some name brands carrying a different array of products overseas. 

I cannot remember where or what they call drug store brands in the UK (slipped my mind at the moment) but that might also be another place to contact.  The first two found on google are Boots and Superdrug. 

As far as France goes, most likely their Sephoras will  have items not common in the US/Canada. http://www.sephora.fr/  Organization is a little different but should not be too difficult to navigate.  Brand directory can be found here:  http://www.sephora.fr/Marques

Re: I wish I knew of some brands that were a must try.   Alth...

Not a problem at all. Sephora actually started in France. More details are located in the About Sephora tab located at the bottom of the page.

It seems that some UK sites label acne as "problematic." It might appear as Imperfections in french (at least at sephora.fr).

Re: I wish I knew of some brands that were a must try.   Alth...

Thanks! I didn't even know there was a Sephora in France!

If you can get your hands on it try out the Bioderma face...

If you can get your hands on it try out the Bioderma face wash. I notice a lot of Make Up Artists love this cleanser and it is hard to come by. You can probably get it in France very easily though.

Some brands worth looking at:

Vichy

La Roche-Posay

Uriage

Liz Earle

Boreade

HYSEAC

Some make-up to look at while you're there:

Bourjouis cosmetics

Sleek make-up

Barry M

Inglot

Shu Uemura (since they pulled out of the US)

Collection 2000

Good Luck!

Re: If you can get your hands on it try out the Bioderma face...

@islandqt Thanks for the list of brands. I'll be sure to look into them!
7 Replies
Conversation Stats
  • 7 replies
  • 4 Hearts Given
  • 5 Contributors
testing