Get inspired, play with products & learn new skills

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Post in Acne-Prone Skin
|

Flat skin colour acne

I’m so desperate right now, what is a good skin care routine for flat skin colour bumps on face? I tried TO retinol 0.2 in Squalane and salicylic acid but I don’t think I’m betting the whole benefit. How many times can you use retinol and salicylic acid or aha in a week? 
The Ordinary Retinol 0.5% in Squalane, Signs of Aging Serum 1 oz/ 30 mL 

REN Clean Skincare Ready Steady Glow Daily AHA Tonic 

Tags:

Re: Flat skin colour acne

@voic123  How long have you used retinol and salicylic acid? It can take up to 6 months to see results from retinol and other retinoids, so you gotta be patient and consistent with it. 

Salicylic acid (BHA) and AHAs (like glycolic acid) are chemical exfoliants. Don't use any chemical exfoliant more than 3 times a week. Otherwise you'll wreck your skin barrier, resulting in very dry and irritated skin left wide open for acne-causing bacteria to invade. Even if you use that REN AHA Toner, keep it to just 2 or 3 times a week. 

Also: don't introduce AHA to your routine until your skin's used to retinol (since you've already started retinol). Some people's skin can't tolerate AHA and retinol layered atop each other. Tolerance can be slowly built up—emphasis on slowly—once your skin's used to retinol. Or, you can use AHA and retinol at different times of day: one in the morning, the other at night. 

1 Reply
Conversation Stats
  • 1 reply
  • 1 Hearts Given
  • 2 Contributors
testing