cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Post in Acne-Prone Skin
|

Fair skin, obvious clogged pores

Hello lovelies!

I hope you can help me. I've spent YEARS trying to find the right skincare routine for me. I used to have very oily skin, but into my mid-late 20's I've gotten more combination (dry patches next to my nose). My skin is also VERY sensitive. Many products burn my skin or cause breakouts (most recently is the Boscia black line). I'm allergic to the water in my town -_-

Since I've been able to find a good skincare routine, I've been able to control my acne. I don't really get pimples anymore, and when I do I know exactly why (didn't clean my makeup brushes, didn't wash my face, etc.). I just continue to have tons of clogged pores, and since I am "blessed" with large pores and fair skin, it makes the darkened clogs much more visible.

It feels like any time I make progress clearing out my pores, they are so big that they just fill back up again. I know there isn't much I can do about large pores (hooray genetics), but does anyone have ANY recommendations? I would LOVE to be able to go without wearing any makeup, but unfortunately I continue to have clogged pores on my nose, chin, and cheeks. It feels like a vicious cycle to continue building makeup up to hide clogged pores, which probably clogs them even more.

I have tried many different masks, but don't know if they ever made a difference. 

Sorry this is so long. Any advice or recommendations or information would be appreciated!!

Fair skin, obvious clogged pores

Sunday Riley UFO oil actually works. I bought SUNDAY RILEY Space Race Fight Acne, Oil + Pores at Warp Speed Kit (Sephora exclusive) for my son (19) and he has been to dermatologist for years and dozens of Rxs did nothing but make skin worse - even bleed. 1 week w Sunday Riley and his skin looks and feels so much better. I have had stubborn blackheads forever - not anymore. I use UFO oil first before bedtime routine and skin is clear. It really works. Hope it works for you!!

Re: Fair skin, obvious clogged pores

Have you tried an oil cleanser? If you are having problems with blackheads in particular, I feel that oil cleansers really help loosen them. Sometimes, I can feel them "rolling" out. I don't think that you'll see a huge difference overnight, but with continual use, you should see a reduction. Clay mask also help some people, but I haven't had much luck with clay masks. 

@Afreedindeed For my clogged pores, I like to:

Use a pore strip once a week like SEPHORA COLLECTION - Nose Strip

Use an exfoliator once a week like KATE SOMERVILLE - ExfoliKate® Intensive Exfoliating Treatment

Use a good pore filling primer underneath my makeup (primers can also be worn alone without makeup if you wanted to go makeup-free) Tatcha The Silk Canvas Protective Primer 0.7 oz/ 20 gTOUCH IN SOL - No Poreblem PrimerDr. Brandt Skincare pores no more® pore refiner primer 1 oz

I'm guessing you space out the weekly pore strip and exfoliator, right? Like not use them back to back nights?

@Afreedindeed Are you sensitive to salicylic acid? You might like trying PHILOSOPHY - Purity Made Simple Pore Extractor Mask. It isn't charcoal based like the Boscia is, so it might not be as irritating. I find black charcoal to be irritating on my skin too, so I prefer skin care products that don't contain it. 

I don't think it's a specific sensitivity to salicylic acid. I use Paula's Choice cleanser and toner, which both have it in there. It's just if I use too much that I have problems.

I have a small bottle of this, I will try using it again. Thanks!!

6 Replies
Conversation Stats
  • 6 replies
  • 1 Hearts Given
  • 5 Contributors
testing