Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Post in Acne-Prone Skin
|

Face

Looking for something that will minimize pores

Re: Face

@sweetgurl92  What do you currently use on your face? What's your current skincare routine? Asking because you might already have these ingredients in your routine, but I'll recommend them anyway: 

Salicylic acid (BHA) will get down into your pores and degunk them. This will help them look less stretched wide.

Spoiler

Do you already use a BHA product? If not, a couple leave-on products to consider are Paula's Choice Mini Skin Perfecting 2% BHA Liquid Exfoliant 1 oz/ 30 mL and The INKEY List Beta Hydroxy Acid (BHA) Blemish + Blackhead Serum 1 oz/ 30 mL . Whichever product you choose, don't use it more than 3 times a week. Otherwise you'll over-exfoliate your skin, causing lots of irritation. 

If your skin's sensitive to BHA, try a cleanser instead, like Paula's Choice CLEAR Pore Normalizing Acne Cleanser 6 oz/ 177 mL or The INKEY List Salicylic Acid Cleanser 5 oz / 150 ml : let the cleanser sit on your face for a couple minutes so BHA can do its job, then rinse it off. 

Niacinamide can help with pore maintenance by reducing sebum production. It can be used day or night, and it does many other good things for skin. And it plays nice with pretty much any other ingredient. 

Spoiler
Niacinamide's in many skincare products, so check your ingredients labels for it. You can add a dedicated niacinamide serum if you want, like The Ordinary Niacinamide 10% + Zinc 1% Oil Control Serum 1 oz/ 30 mL or Paula's Choice 10% Niacinamide Booster. I currently use hydrating toners/essences that contain a good amount of niacinamide: I alternate between e.l.f. Hydrating Water Essence and Good Molecules Niacinamide Toner. 

Note: some folks have large visible pores due to genetics, and that's okay! If your pores are normally visible, you can't "erase" them or make them smaller. But you can clear out any gunk that's stretching them wider than usual. You can also try a pore-blurring primer or powder if you're bothered by your normal pore size—and hey, that's also okay! I sometimes use Lancôme Blur & Go Stick 0.31 oz on my oily nose area, which is where all my visible pores are. 

Re: Face

i use the ordinary collection! their products work great on my skin! i would recommend the 100% Plant-Derived Squalane and the Natural Moisturizing Factors + HA (hydration formula).

2 Replies
Conversation Stats
  • 2 replies
  • 2 Hearts Given
  • 3 Contributors
testing