Free Classes

Get inspired, play with products & learn new skills

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Post in Acne-Prone Skin

Face wash/cleanser for acne and blackheads

I'm looking for a face wash/cleanser targeted towards acne, blackheads, whiteheads. I have normal skin type and I'd like something that isn't with salicylic acid or anything like that because I've read that your skin becomes dependent on that after. Right now, I'm using the neogen green tea foam cleanser and I'm not sure why I haven't seen any changes.

Re: Face wash/cleanser for acne and blackheads

Like pretty much all skin care, salicylic acid is something that you use to maintain the health of your skin. It's not so much that your skin gets used to it, it's more that it works so you keep using it. It's like exercise, or washing your hair. You do it, and it works, so you keep doing it because that's how you take care of your body/hair/skin/etc.  Or it doesn't work, so you figure out a different routine with different activities or products.

But regardless of all that, it's unlikely that a cleanser with AHAs or BHAs will have much effect from the acids anyway. They're meant to be left on, so their function in a product that just gets rinsed off right away is mostly a marketing gimmick. It could still be an amazing (or painfully harsh) cleanser, but that has little to do with any acids.

I'd recommend the gentlest cleanser you can find. I like CeraVe's hydrating cleanser. I haven't found a cleanser I love that Sephora sells, but I haven't had to look for a new one in a long time. Belif's products have been good to my skin so I might try their cleanser. I've had good luck with the Drunk Elephant products I've tried so far too, but I haven't used any of their cleansers.

What's your skincare routine currently involve? 

Conversation Stats
  • 1 reply
  • 1 Hearts Given
  • 2 Contributors
Photos2
testing