Get inspired, play with products & learn new skills

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Post in Acne-Prone Skin
|

Face Peels for Acne

Hey everyone. I am 16 so I am dealing with a lot of acne. I have tried EVERYTHING to get rid of it. I want to try a facial peel but I'm not sure any good ones. I need one that's good for sensitive, oily and acne prone skin. HELP?

Re: Face Peels for Acne

Considering your age, I think a dermatologist's guidance would be best. Teen acne and adult acne have different causes, present a bit differently, and are treated differently. Wishing you the best of luck!

@Shaunabon If you tried everything, you need the punch of a prescription. A dermatologist will determine if a chemical peel is appropriate and is tailored to your skin, there's more variety than otc. I've tried otc and derm ones, with sensitive skin, they can leave your skin sensitized, sting/burn during waiting time, leave you very red. Sensitivities differ from everyone. Some dermatologist's ones I had, we're more gentle and didn't need cleansed afterwards.

Spf a must with chemicals.

To get a good result, you'll need a series of peels. Otc is two-steps since it's not the same professional grade, doc's is one every few weeks. Look into both options.

Also at your age is more likely hormones, ask a doc for a hormonal blood test, typically not routine, to get a base line.

Throwing this out there, lots of skincare marketed for oily acne skin contains a lot of drying ingredients, which strips the skin of oil. The skin will produce oil to hydrate itself. Sometimes acne isn't true acne rather a reaction to protect.

@Shaunabon

Are you talking about a mask you peel off or a chemical peel?

RE: Re: Face Peels for Acne

I’d like to try a chemical peel
Conversation Stats
  • 4 replies
  • 0 Hearts Given
  • 4 Contributors
testing