Get inspired, play with products & learn new skills

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Post in Acne-Prone Skin
|

FRESH Peony Skin-brightening Essence?

Hello! I discovered the Fresh skincare line about five months ago and I am in love! The overall tone and texture of my skin has improved dramatically and I even go without makeup when I'm not working. I'd really like to try the new Peony Skin-brightening Essence to help fade new acne scars, but at what point do I include it in my routine? Currently, I use these steps:

Daytime:

Use Clarisonic with Soy cleanser
Umbrian Clay Mattifying serum (to control mild to moderate hormonal acne)
Umbrian Clay Moisturizer

Nighttime:
Use Clarisonic with Soy cleanser
(Occasionally will use Umbrian Clay serum here as well)
Initially used Black Tea cream as nighttime moisturizer (I'm in my early 30s, so I need to start dealing with some fine lines in addition to the acne) but ran out of sample size, so now I'm trying the Lotus cream (because it's much less expensive!) I think I like the Black Tea line better, though.

I appreciate any feedback!

Re: FRESH Peony Skin-brightening Essence?

This product is gentle enough for day and night use. The fact that it contains vitamin C does give skin a bit more support in the AM hours as vitamin C combats free radical and oxidative damage, but with any type of brightening treatment, it's important to ensure skin is protected with SPF to ensure skin that you're treating is well managed and cared for so UV rays cannot break down and damage dark spots further or attack healthy cells.

If you use this in the AM, use it prior your your mattifying serum. If you wish to use it at night, use it as your inbetween step of your cleanser and moisturizer since it's a treatment and will absorb better on bare skin rather than over your moisturizer.

This is helpful, thank you! Do you have a daily SPF that you would recommend for sensitive or acne prone skin? And at what point should that be applied (I assume after regular moisturizer).

Thanks again!

For a mineral based sunscreen, try Kate Somerville's Waterlight SPF 50 PA+++, it's a very thin, fluid like formula that isn't heavy or greasy, great for oily, combination, acne prone, or sensitive skin. Be aware that mineral based sunscreens high in titanium dioxide and zinc do tend to have a "white" cast when applied, be sure to thoroughly work product into skin as it tends to dissipate with that added care of application.  Algenist's Ulta Lightweight UV Defense Fluid SPF 50 is also good option.

Daily Deflector™ Waterlight Broad Spectrum SPF 50+ PA+++ Anti-Aging SunscreenUltra Lightweight UV Defense Fluid SPF 50

Light weight, fluid sunscreens with a chemical base similar to the two above would be from La Roche Posay (check drug stores like Walgreens and sites like DrugStore.com).

Powdered options are also a great way to go. Peter Thomas Roth makes mineral based sunscreens in powder form that are easy to apply on top of make up and for touch ups/reapplications without slathering a liquid or cream over made up skin.

Instant Mineral Powder SPF 45Oily Problem Skin Instant Mineral Powder SPF 30

3 Replies
Conversation Stats
  • 3 replies
  • 1 Hearts Given
  • 2 Contributors