cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Post in Acne-Prone Skin
|

Dry and acne prone skin

Hello,

I have blemishes and acne spots in addition to acne and dry skin problem. I am not sure what facewash/ cream to use for this. As acne and dry skin condition don't go side by side. Any suggestions? 

Re: Dry and acne prone skin

@simranbhalla I love Kate Somerville EradiKate Daily Cleanser 4 oz/ 120 mL . Niacinamide is also an incredible ingredient you could try! The Ordinary Niacinamide 10% + Zinc 1% Oil Control Serum  .

Let me know if you have any questions, have a great day 😊

Thank you so much 

Hi @simranbhalla ! What is your current skincare routine (exact brands + product names)? And do you use a sunscreen with minimum SPF of 30 each day your skin's exposed to sunlight, regardless of weather or season? 

I have mostly-dry combo skin that's prone to inflammation. For acne, my go-to is salicylic acid (BHA). Have you already tried a BHA product? My favorites are made by Paula's Choice, which Sephora USA will start carrying soon; I'm not sure if/when Sephora Canada will get this brand. You can always order direct from Paula's Choice, though. I occasionally use Paula's Choice CLEAR Pore Normalizing Cleanser. Another option that looks decent is The INKEY List Salicylic Acid Cleanser 5 oz / 150 ml (I'm not sure if it's available in Canada). Whichever BHA cleanser you choose, let it sit on your skin for a couple minutes so the salicylic acid can do its job, then rinse it off. 

I prefer leave-on BHA exfoliants to cleansers. Paula's Choice Skin Perfecting 2% BHA Liquid Exfoliant has a cult following: many people love it. They sell a travel size, so you could try that before committing to a full size bottle. The Inkey List also makes a decent looking leave-on BHA exfoliant, but I like various Paula's Choice options. 

For dark spots left behind by acne, I like azelaic acid. I alternate between The Ordinary Azelaic Acid 10% Suspension Brightening Cream 1 oz/ 30 mL and Paula's Choice 10% Azelaic Acid Booster; the PC product also contains a bit of BHA. Azelaic acid can lift dark spots (gradually: its not an overnight miracle) and kill acne-causing bacteria, plus it's an antioxidant. It can make your skin feel a bit itchy if you're sensitive; it usually makes my face itch for 5-30 minutes after application, but the more often I use it, the higher my skin's tolerance level. 

Hi @simranbhalla !

How are you? I understand how you must feel dealing with dryness and acne concerns! Let me suggest a few products to get your skin back on track!

Biossance Squalane + Tea Tree Cleansing Gel 5.07 oz/ 150 mL  This cleanser is for all skin types and will gently create balance in your skin and target blemishes

The Ordinary Glycolic Acid 7% Exfoliating Toner 8 oz/ 240 mL  This will gently tone and exfoliate the skin- I would use both the cleanser and toner am and pm

for treatment try Flora + Bast Clarifying Facial Treatment 1.0 oz/ 30 mL  use before moistrizer treat uneven skin, acne and even dark spots! 

For mositurizer try Dr. Zenovia Skincare Aloe Vera Blemish Soothing Moisturizer 1.5 oz/ 45 mL  use am and pm:)

Hopefully this helps you!  Also make sure to get an spf in there as well to protect your skin- Biossance Squalane + Zinc Sheer Mineral Sunscreen SPF 30 PA +++ 1.7 oz/ 50 mL 

I found that few of the recommended products (last 3) aren't available in Canada. 

Conversation Stats
  • 5 replies
  • 6 Hearts Given
  • 4 Contributors
testing