Get inspired, play with products & learn new skills

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Post in Acne-Prone Skin
|

Dry-acne prone skin advice

Hello! I’m 23 and I’ve always always struggled with acne. Right now my routine is AM: Water, The Ordinary 10% Niacimide  and Glow Recipe Banana Soufflé. 

I find most of the research I’ve been able to do hasn’t worked out for dry and acne prone skin and it leads me in a lot of confusing directions. I’m looking to revamp my routine or build on it! 

pls send help 

Re: Dry-acne prone skin advice

Try Dermatologica 

@Rostronaut289  What’s your PM routine? 

I’m sorry this took so long to reply! 

My night routine is the same, except I use Farmacy Green Cleansing Balm as my cleanser! 

I don’t really eat a lot of sweets and almost never eat fried food and I work out regularly. I’m not sure what I’m doing wrong. 

Hello!

I also have dry skin and get pimples here and there, sometimes really bad acne too. I would recommend to start exfoliating your skin with AHA and BHA. that will help get rid of the dead skin cells. I've been using the ordinary glycolic toner and lactic acid as well as Paula's choice 2% bha. If your sensitive, lactic might be better but if not, try the glycolic toner 2-3x a week, that helped me lot. And of course have a good moisturizer. 

Hope this helps!

The Ordinary Glycolic Acid 7% Exfoliating Toner 8 oz/ 240 mL The INKEY List Beta Hydroxy Acid 1 oz/ 30 mL 

I think I tried a BHA once and I liked it but it was Honeymoon Glow by Farmacy (in a trial) and the full size is very expensive! 

5 Replies
Conversation Stats
  • 5 replies
  • 1 Hearts Given
  • 4 Contributors
testing